links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Anybody know any fishing forums?
Page 1, 2  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 05 3:11 pm    Post subject: Anybody know any fishing forums? Reply with quote

We've still had no luck with a volunteer for the fishing article, does anybody know of a fishing forum where we could ask the question?

Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 05 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooting Times has forums, and the magazine has a fishing page, so might be worth a shot (boom boom) - although I think they are a little quiet, their forums.

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 05 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need somewhere busy, might be worth a try if someone already visists there. Anyone?

wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 05 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would you be looking for in your artical, my brother writes a fishing colume in the local rag where he lives , i happend to mention about the artical and i think he might do it , but needs to know what lines you want to go by

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 05 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wood,

We are looking for an article on freshwater fishing for food. Obviously it's quite an emotive topic so we are hoping that someone could discuss both sides of the debate.

We obviously don't want to encourage something that is unsustainable but if their are sustainable stocks of edible freshwater fish then some tips and techniques on methods would be useful.

Thanks

Jon

wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 05 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you might find he might, go the dont eat them side ,but like you say an artical from both sides would be interesting, il send him a email to nite letting him know the site adress

tahir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 05 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wood

deerstalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 05 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did offer to write an article some time ago (when I can find the time).
With freshwater fishing (as wood said) there is a major problem. 99.9% of inland fisheries are catch and release only. Those that aren't are usually covered by EA bylaws. The coarse rivers tend to be covered by the same rules and regulations.

This leaves the game rivers which you are allowed a limited bag, but tend to vary from the expensive to the horrendously expensive. A lot of these waters also tend to be fly only.

Put and take trout fisheries are a more obvious choice, but a lot of these are fly only, and the fish are all reared in hatcheries (like battery chickens) and released for you to catch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 05 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes trying to get on to river these days is quite hard and expensive i still havnt had a reply from my brother ,but iŽl keep on hounding him....

wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 05 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the message above from the guest is me , i forgot to log in

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 05 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My efforts on the fishing forums have met with zero response.

If Wood's brother does an article against, then I will write a bit to add in favour of fresh water fishing. We should allow his critique of my response as well so I'll forward it to him before the whole thing goes live.

deerstalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 05 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as a salmon, sea trout and sea fisherman, is there anything I can do to help?

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 05 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deerstalker wrote:
So as a salmon, sea trout and sea fisherman, is there anything I can do to help?

Yes, write something on sea fishing! I've done one for the summer about mackeral, lobster and crab so what about something along the lines of Cab's wild food article but related to edible sea fish species that you can catch throughout the year.

Or did you mean doing something on fresh water fishing? if you want to write it you're more than welcome.

wood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 05 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnyboy iv spoke my brother and told him that you will email him and the two of you can get your heads together, tahir has his email adress iv asked him to pass it onto you

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 05 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive