Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Cheeky facebook lack of ettiquette.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 9:33 am    Post subject: Cheeky facebook lack of ettiquette. Reply with quote

I have just had to ban a "liker" from my business page because they have been using it to advertise their own skincare stuff. I am right in thinking "cheeky git" aren't I?
I wouldn't do it, it seems a bit rude. Kind of like going into a pub and trying to sell your homebrew.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with that. We had someone try to use the coppice group page to advertise a course. Son blocked it as we didn't know anything about them and they were not members. Not acceptable in either case.

bibbster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not on.

oldish chris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Cheeky facebook lack of ettiquette. Reply with quote

Nell Merionwen wrote:
I have just had to ban a "liker" from my business page because they have been using it to advertise their own skincare stuff. I am right in thinking "cheeky git" aren't I?
I wouldn't do it, it seems a bit rude. Kind of like going into a pub and trying to sell your homebrew.
or advertising cut price kitchens on any old forum that you can find. "cheeky git"? Sometimes you can be too nice

chez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had two or three people do that. I report them for spam and block them, which seems to do the trick. Nobbers.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually just hide their posts on The Plough's page. I reckon it's generally ignorance rather than deliberate rudeness given the sort of people who do arts marketing.
I've banned a couple of persistent ones.

chez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah. Softie.

Bodrighy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean wrote:
I usually just hide their posts on The Plough's page. I reckon it's generally ignorance rather than deliberate rudeness given the sort of people who do arts marketing.

Whilst I agree with Merionwen's view, please tell me how to do arts marketing properly. Very generalised comment I think. Marketing is not exactly the easiest thing to do at the best of times at least not for me.

Pete

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodrighy wrote:
sean wrote:

Whilst I agree with Merionwen's view, please tell me how to do arts marketing properly. Very generalised comment I think. Marketing is not exactly the easiest thing to do at the best of times at least not for me.

Pete

That was in the sense of 'marketing for arts venues/course providers'. But in short form: Keep talking. Don't try to nick someone else's audience in a way that's obvious. Find a consistent voice for yourself.

Green Rosie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few other cottage owners trying to plug their property on Eco-Gite's page - if possible I try to reply with something along the lines of how much better we are eg more competitively priced, closer to ports, more kiddy equipment etc. They don't tend to come back

Nick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 14 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cheeky and rude.

And they'll have picked up some customers easily and quickly.

You share the same market. It's the perfect place to advertise. The more followers or likers or fans or whatever they're called, the better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive