Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Enviro mesh

Author 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 05 9:55 pm    Post subject: Enviro mesh Reply with quote

year after year we eat what the carrot fly leaves. This year i have said (means nothing) I am not growing carrots unless we mesh them. I've done all the shouting, now I am looking for a best price .

Anybody please advise?

Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 05 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kays tend to have excellent prices (but not on everything so do compare) - you may have to buy a fair quantity but it's not like it's going to go out of fashion!

They're in the weblinks and there's a couple of other suppliers there so have a look:

[url=https://www.downsizer.net/bookmarks/list/onecat/Root%20|%20Grow%20Your%20Own%20|%20Supplies/*/]Downsizer garden supplies weblinks[/url]

Kays has improved its website but it still looks a bit homemade - however they're very helpful on the phone and although they don't make much promises about delivery I found it was pretty good and would definitely shop there again.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 05 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the stuff any better than fleece - mine is practically useless - tears as soon as you think about using it! I have to reinforce it with duck tape where the pegs go.

Behemoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 05 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I got some enviro mesh off kays and it's strong durable stuff, should last 5 years or more. Remember to get a piece that's wide enough to cover everything in and arc over the bed allowing for plant growth, not just the width of the bed which will leave gaps at the sides.

Delivery is usually three to five days - ask for their printed catalogue and use the phone to order. they have lots f good stuff relatively cheap.

footprints

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 05 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Kays tend to have excellent prices (but not on everything so do compare) - you may have to buy a fair quantity but it's not like it's going to go out of fashion!

They're in the weblinks and there's a couple of other suppliers there so have a look:

[url=https://www.downsizer.net/bookmarks/list/onecat/Root%20|%20Grow%20Your%20Own%20|%20Supplies/*/]Downsizer garden supplies weblinks[/url]

Kays has improved its website but it still looks a bit homemade - however they're very helpful on the phone and although they don't make much promises about delivery I found it was pretty good and would definitely shop there again.

Thanks, I'm going to look now.

Jessevieve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 05 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also a product on the market very similar to enviromesh but cheaper, it's called Papronet. I'm not sure if this email address is still current but if you want more information Roy Harrison at Papronet might be able to help: email@papronet.co.uk , not sure if they have a web address.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive