Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Green manures and fruit trees

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 15 6:59 pm    Post subject: Green manures and fruit trees Reply with quote

I haven't used green manures before but have some I bought a while back from Franchi Seeds and want to sow. Have some beds I could sow in but also am wondering about sowing between some fruit trees. They are still young, three year old plum trees and I haven't looked after them very well so far - think they need some TLC - plus ground currently very weedy. Any opinions about green manure around/between them, or alternatively comfrey as a longer term plan - or cover ground between them with cardboard, manure etc? We don't yet have enough compost to mulch with that but have access to lots of manure.

dpack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 15 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comfrey is a heavy feeder,best to grow it in a place with lots of manure,cut it and use it as a mulch or make a liquid feed(mixture)to feed trees etc

im told green manures are good for fruit trees

short term(or as a regular feed) a spring top dressing with blood/fish/bone will give them a boost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive