Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Old fishtank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 05 9:03 am    Post subject: Old fishtank Reply with quote

Got an old rectangular fishtank here that used to house the family rodent (now sadly in rattie heaven). Its no use for fish any more, and we aren't planning on more pets in the forseeable future. I offered it on Freecycle but no-one wanted it, so I'm looking for ways to use it rather than send it off in the recycling bag (if it would fit...). I was wondering about some sort of coldframe device in the garden, its about 2.5 foot by a foot in size? Any suggestions -I don't want it in the house any more cos we need the space.
Sally

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 05 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do use it for a cold frame then it will need to be place on something during the day to allow ventilation.

culpepper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 05 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could use it as a cloche like the old french bell cloches. We've got one in our shed about that size and thats what Im going to use ours for.

nettie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 05 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as it's not that big, could you use it as some form of propagator, by popping it near a heater or windowsill?

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 05 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep snails in it and then eat them!

cab

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 05 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a tank would be ideal for outdoor creepy crawly pets. I kept woodlice for a while as a kid, fascinating animals, that wound work well. I kept slugs for a while, but they weren't as entertaining.

As its clear, it would also make an ideal wormery.

You could, of course, also keep it for warming up the ground for seedlings; it would do fine for getting pumpkin seedlings off to a good start, for example.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive