Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Positive pressure ventilation? Heat recovery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 13 12:08 pm    Post subject: Positive pressure ventilation? Heat recovery? Reply with quote

Just as an experiment, small scale and cheap I hope.... Air vent /extract fan from bathroom will be via about 4m of rigid tube (with a slight downward slant to clear condensation) through attic space and out through a gable end wall. At the same time I'd like to try positive pressure ventilation into the main bedroom (Via low power fan) to reduce condensation. Am I likely to gain significant heat with a long concentric heat exchanger on the extract fan tube? Either a 2 inch air tube inside a 6 inch extract pipe or a 6 inch jacket on a 4 inch extract pipe. Cheap plastic or light metal ducting - whatever I can find.

Extract fan to be a standard bathroom duct fan (or maybe a two-speed fan). Positive pressure vent fan maybe a computer cooling fan? Air intake for positive pressure system through a muslin or foam filter in the loft space.

Comments? design or material suggestions? experiences?

Dee

PS or would this be a better bet?
https://www.electricalcounter.co.uk/products/Extractor+Fans/Heat+Recovery+Extractors/Windsor+In-Line+Standard+Heat+Recovery+Unit+Top+Access/7801100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive