links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Root Control Bags

Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 05 8:14 am    Post subject: Root Control Bags Reply with quote

After being introduced to the concept of Root Control Bags over on the Nuts thread yesterday, I contacted the manufacturers to see if they might sell direct- and in theory thay are happy to sell to a group rather than to a retail outlet. The rrp of these elsewhere is £5.99 per bag- if I can get them rather cheaper for us, anyone want to come in on a co-op buy?

I like the idea of having my fruit trees in a format where I can take them if I move and this looks useful for those of you on allotments too.

Will confirm more once they let me know about prices and minium orders. Am off for a couple of days now doing a spot of fimling, will follow this up as soon as I'm back on thursday night.

Blue Peter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 05 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested,

Peter.

Res

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 05 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sally,
How big are these bags?

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Res wrote:
Hi Sally,
How big are these bags?

Not entirely sure yet- I think we have a choice, but just got back in and will enquire further tomorrow. Have said to them that I think we're interested in pots suitable for starting off newly bought young fruit trees (to give them an idea of what we are likely to do) but will want to keep said trees in the pots/bags/whatevers for some time. Will see what they come back with and we can work out whether to go ahead at that stage. They seem very friendly, just more used to selling to big retailers so fair play to them for even discussing a small trade buy with me (I like it when suppliers do that)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive