Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
TV Review - European Nightmares

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 04 12:18 pm    Post subject: TV Review - European Nightmares Reply with quote

Ostensibly this program looks a the downside of buying abroad, the way assorted problems can occur, from being conned by the estate agent through to dodgy builders etc.

You might think it would make useful viewing for those of us, looking to downsize to a sunny location

But the program is the worst example I have ever seen of padded, dumbed down tripe, and it has been deleted from my recording schedule.

I can live at least a little, with hearing the history of the people involved, brings thing to life a bit, knowing that things are happening to real people.

What I can't cope with, is the sheer excess of dross but the final straw is the fact that every 10minute into the program, they feel the need to do a complete recap of what you have heard so far as if you have no short term memory at all. A lot of programmes seem to do this these days the European nightmares has to be the worst culprit I have ever watched.

jema

tahir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 04 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When and which channel?

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 04 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was BBC as there were no adverts, but I am not sure of time or channel and trust me you don't want to waste your time.

I scan the sky+ program guide a couple of times a week and set things up to record, as such when a programme was actually on, tends to pass me by.

jema

Behemoth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 04 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was it about - can you remind me - it's a few mins since I read your first post....

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 04 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen "Homes under the Hammer" it is in almost exactly the same mould, endlessly recapping what has gone on before

jema

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive