Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Norton Rant
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 05 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things change all the time with PCs, with a few others at Uni I helped build one from scratch, soldering, wiring, EPROM programming with logic gates etc but after a couple of years I found you get left behind. Conversely, spend a few days at work learning something new and you can get labelled and expert but all I do is read some help files and have a play.

Also because there is no one point of sale as with many products you get the "it's the PC, no it's the BIOS, no it's the OS no it's the package, no it's the PC..." syndrome.

I have sometimes helped with PCs that are shipped with everything installed where two packages cause each other problems - so even the big manufacturers often cannot get things right.

The good news is that there's often someone who has been there and done it, so help may be just a post away.

mrutty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 05 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst one is treating Firewalls as a piece of network equipment and allowing network teams to manage them. Network engineers allow things to talk to one another, Firewall engineers stop things talking to one another

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 05 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a home user I try to block everything I can

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive