Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
New series of Gardeners World starts tonight
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 05 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on ITV, so that's it no support from anyone

Gervase

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 05 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh blimey, I've set 'er off on one! Can't help but agree about the Magic Roundabout though; what a travesty. Eric Thompson's voice always seemed like a favourite uncle's, though not as lovely as Oliver Postgate's (Aah, those halcyon days of Ivor the Engine and Noggin the Nog!).
But what about this scary classic for showing one's age?!

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 05 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It rings a bell but can't remember it. One that used to scare me was Hectors House for some reason

Gervase

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 05 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hector's House used to irritate the cr*p out of me - almost as much as the hideous Crystal Tips and Alistair. Aargh! Now I need to lie down in a darkened room...I'm a great big intolerant old Hector

wellington womble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 05 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. I might actually remember to watch it, although himslef complains. Tough, I never watch anything else! Have set a reminder in outlook (how sad!)

can take or leave monty, don't mind rachel (although she is a bit 'touch-me-not') Can't stand sarah raven (highly annoying, although her book about cut flowers is good) and Sarah Don (Monty's wife) is seriously annoying (she writes in some of his books sometimes,) at least he hasn't imported her.

I've got some dahlias. they seem to thrive on neglect, and I'd agree that a little goes a long way - mine are really dark red, and may not have survived the winter - rip city, I think. One is enough, if more have survived I might be looking for homes for them - Julie?

Gervase

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 05 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - forgot that this thread was supposed to be about Gardeners' World.
I really must stop rambling otherwise my child bride will pull out the plug and flog my kidneys on ebay.

Mary-Jane

Location: The Fishing Strumpet is from Ceredigion in West Wales
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 05 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gervase wrote:
Sorry - forgot that this thread was supposed to be about Gardeners' World.
I really must stop rambling otherwise my child bride will pull out the plug and flog my kidneys on ebay.

Have you started dinner yet? I'm just on my way home NOW!!! Please have cold beer waiting...

(He loves me being tough on him you know)

Right, off to see my boys, listen to the Archers, swoon at Monty and rant at Rachel. Should be a good evening.

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 05 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mystery tune is an old black and white version of Robinson Crusoe we think here.

You'll all be singing Champion the Wonder Horse next!!( or OH has just suggested the Banana Splits theme!)

Gervase

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 05 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, done - you get the Crackerjack pencil! Robinson Crusoe it was.

callas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 05 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh that theme bought back memories - another of my favorites was White Horses. I don't know if anyone remembers that one with Uncle Hugo!

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 05 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

callas wrote:
Gosh that theme bought back memories - another of my favorites was White Horses. I don't know if anyone remembers that one with Uncle Hugo!

My sister had it on a single unfortunately it was warped and use to sound dreadful!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive