links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
An experiment in container veg growing
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 05 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: An experiment in container veg growing Reply with quote

nettie wrote:
I've given up on the idea of the allotment, as the chap there hasn't got back to me, and time is marching on....Wish !

Don't give up - even if it takes a year to get it. I've had mine now for 2 1/2 years and really love it - there have only been a few occasions at the beginning where I thought 'what am I doing?', that was mostly down to having a 6 month old!

I still grow a few bits at home in pots which need more constant attention. You'll probably be better off getting an allotment mid autumn anyway so you've got all winter to do some good soil prep and not fighting against rampant triffids!

Deedee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 05 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Nettie sounds as if your garden is going to be similar to mine this year.We also only have a tiny plot but use anything and everything as containers for extra plants and I always space my plants a lot closer together than they say on the packs so I can just literally cram everything in I want! Best of luck in your experiment I would love to hear how it goes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive