About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Introduce Yourself
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 04 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My net name is Cab. But you can call me Cab. That's what most people call me in real life, as it's derived from my initials.

I am by training a microbiolosist, I've been working at Cambridge University for five years after studying in various places. I'm a Geordie by birth and accent, a proud citizen of the Peoples Republic of Gateshead. I'm currently a bit bored with being a microbiologist and I'm looking at other options.

My better half is Ellie, she and I have been together for seven years, living together for most of that time. She tortures children by making exam papers for a living. She's a quilter, also does a bit of weaving, and won't let me clutter the house up with any more gadgets.

We get as much out of our little garden as we can, but we supplement our gardening with a lot of wild food. That's a bit of a speciality of mine. We also brew our own wine, make our own bread, and cook an a silly amount of stuff.

Sarah D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 04 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Sarah, 43, married to Julian for 15 years (poor thing.......... ); two children 13 and 10 whom we home educate. Degree in politics and economics, have done dozens of different jobs, including profesional chef.
Keep 20 chickens, 11 ducks, bees,one rabbit, one dog at the moment, hoping for goats next year as Mr L said no more children, so that's his idea of a compromise..............
Involved in several village committees, and am a Parish Councillor.
I like to make as many and as much of our own stuff as is humanly possible - cook, bake, brew (wine, beer, mead, etc), pickle,curing, sew, knit, quilt, grow fruit and veg, etc etc.
I am a professional knitter and am currently writing two books.
Lived in Dorset for 17 years, but heading back up to Scotland to my little house on the hill asap, where I will have no electricty and no running water, and two sheep.

So now you know

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 04 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No electricity = nonet

jema

tahir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 04 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She could get a wind turbine from Jerome

Sarah D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 04 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time we get there, we will have built at least one, I hope, so will be able to do something up there. Mr L says he can see me hitching up the horse and cart and going off into town once a week to the library to use the Internet...............
I can live without the Internet, I think. I would miss it for a while, but would get much more housework done!!

tahir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 04 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now why would you want to do MORE housework?

Sarah D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 04 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like housework.

tahir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 04 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought you were a little strange (a good thing in my book) but that's crazy

Dead Bloke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 04 7:57 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi everyone

1st things 1st - I can't spell - my username should be Dead Bloke

I'm 38, live in Bradford West Yorkshire and have just got home after freezing my b**ls off watching Leeds hammer QPR 6-1

Heard about the site from Tahir - look forward to reading some of your posts in the future

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 04 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you were Welsh at first

jema

Dead Bloke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 04 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jema wrote:
Thought you were Welsh at first

jema

less of the insults

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 04 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egg chucker

jema

Lindsay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 04 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Lindsay, 33, and I have lived in the south east with my OH Mark and his children for nearly 14 years(I grew up in Suffolk). I'm a small-scale chicken breeder and domestic engineer. We have 3 chickens outdoors, 2 chicks indoors, 2 teenage sons at home and a cat.

We are doing up an old neglected Victorian house with a view to selling it in two years. In the meantime I have taken an allotment (last month) and progress on it is slow (but I'll get there in the end), and I am involved in a chicken breeding project which is divided between a friend and myself.

This year I have started hatching chicks with a home made incubator, and next year we shall be breeding our first table birds.

I have also started making wine, bread and bacon this year.

tahir

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 04 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Tahir, born in the east end of london in 1965. Got 3 little ladies, the oldest is 4 the youngest 6 months, the missus thinks I'm a bit weird for speaking to all these strange people on the world wide wossit. I live on the ouskirts of London and 1/3 of my modest garden is devoted to fruit & veg production (I'm a product of generations of peasant farmers) but I hope one day to leave work and get a place with some land...

Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 04 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahir wrote:
the missus thinks I'm a bit weird

She should know - I think we should bow to her judgement on this one

I'm not telling my real name in public because I'm paranoid

I will tell you I'm er..under 30, over 16, that's as far as I'm going..OH is Treacodactyl, also of this parish, we keep three chickens and a terribly scruffy garden in suburban Surrey and one day hope to go somewhere with room for goats, dogs, donkeys...maybe pigs. We don't grow as much stuff as we'd like due to time and space problems - so pretty much like everyone else here then! That's it - writing this has brought home to me just how darn uninteresting I am

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 2 of 85
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive