Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Buying your first gun...
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 08 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one BB, can I just add that the .243 ruling for deer isn`t totally correct as here in Scotland we can and do use .22 CENTREFIRE calibres for Roe and I believe CWD & Munties can be shot with similar calibres but as yet the police are playing catch up with the terms for these deer and hopefully they will be sorted soon.

vegplot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 08 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As BB has stated previously it's worth visiting the BASC site (https://www.basc.org.uk/) if you are doing any field shooting.

I highly recommend becoming a member as not only to do get access to a mine of information and advice but also you receive insurance cover. BASC also lobby legislators and help protect our sport and environment.

Cathryn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 08 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownbear wrote:
In Lauren and Cathryn's case, it would probably, if you definitely want a rifle as well, be better to apply for what is called 'co-terminous' certificates, when you can save ten or twenty quid by getting the firearms and shotgun certs at the same time. As you have land, that isn't an issue, so I suggest that you both apply at the same time for co-terminous shotgun/firearms. Get a cabinet with a lockable top that is large enough to accommodate one rifle and several shotguns (I can get them for you at a reduced price from my wholesaler).

It might also be a good idea to get a bit of training - the chap who runs my rifle club does shooting training for the Forestry Commission and issues certificates of training which the police accept. You could also put me down as a 'mentor' who will advise you on such matters.

If you're really serious about having a rifle, I'd suggest you both popped down for a day or so, and I could arrange some professional coaching and certification, and then take you shooting on some land I control bunnies on.

Thank you (sorry I feel I am hijacking the thread a bit). I need to think about this some more but I know Loren definitely wants to do more and I want to encourage this so will learn at the same time. (She always enjoyed pistol shooting even in the depths of winter at the freezing cold gun club that we used.) We will definitely get a lot more local training.

(And we'll come and visit. )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive