About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Blatant shop plug
Page 1, 2  Next

Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 9:16 am    Post subject: Blatant shop plug Reply with quote

In an effort to fund an imminent garage bill, may I draw the attention of anyone with a bank balance thats burning a hole in their pocket to the fine and covetable objects currently available at our online emporium:
www.sallypointer.com/shop
Have recently added some of Gareth's recent silverwork and some new drinking cups, all perfect for getting a headstart on your midwinter gift shopping, or how about a cosy pair of woolly socks or some limited edition yarn, or dyes for doing your own, or a plaguerat or four for the cat in your life

Green Rosie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our car is in for a service next week so once you've spent some of your pennies at Sally's shop why not consider an Autumn break in France

www.eco-gites.eu

Brownbear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those plague rats are brilliant, everyone with a cat should buy two, now.

joanne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sally - I wish I had some money to spend - those leaf brooches and clasp's are absolutely stunning - wonderful

Your stuff is amazing - I bet it would go down a treat in Glastonbury with some of the shops there - there is nothing like that there - Have you considered a trip over there to do some selling?

Otherwise I would be happy to take some stuff with me in December when I go to the Druids Gathering because we can have stalls there at the Midwinter one - I'm planning a stall for my honey etc

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanne wrote:
Sally - I wish I had some money to spend - those leaf brooches and clasp's are absolutely stunning - wonderful

Your stuff is amazing - I bet it would go down a treat in Glastonbury with some of the shops there - there is nothing like that there - Have you considered a trip over there to do some selling?

Otherwise I would be happy to take some stuff with me in December when I go to the Druids Gathering because we can have stalls there at the Midwinter one - I'm planning a stall for my honey etc

Lovely idea, I havent been to Glastonbury in years. Would be happy to send some stuff with you if you'd like many thanks for the suggestion

lottie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband loves the long red boot socks I got him last winter--boot socks are usually too wide for him but I told S.I.W. he'd got long skinny legs and they fit great.

T.G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sally, would the oil & tallow soft soap work on leather?

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The.Grange wrote:

should do, it works on everything else I've tried it on so far! Going to be about a week before the current batch is ready to post though, I've just remade a batch and I like it to sit for a few days before I let it loose on the world

T.G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sally_in_wales wrote:
The.Grange wrote:

should do, it works on everything else I've tried it on so far! Going to be about a week before the current batch is ready to post though, I've just remade a batch and I like it to sit for a few days before I let it loose on the world

excellent, have some old leather - a smaller leather driving collar, forgot I’d acquired it, came across it tipping out the harness/tack room. It’s desperate for a good ‘feed’ normal leather dressing isn’t going to hack it veg oil normally does wonders or bees wax but think I’ll try the tallow, give me the nod when it's ready cheers.

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will certainly clean it up well without stripping it, then just a coat of oil after you wash off the soap and it should work well. Its been really good on woodwork thats needed a serious going over as well.

Bodrighy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the drinking vessels. Remind me of the quaiches. I'd love to be able to mix different materials like that but as yet haven't got the skill for the metal work

pete

wellington womble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 10 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit woman, you know what happens when I look at your site! I'd nearly forgotten about that stole, too

Does Gareth custom make those shawl pins? I'd like a few for Christmas presents this year.

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 10 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:

Does Gareth custom make those shawl pins? I'd like a few for Christmas presents this year.

indeed he does, just let us know what you fancy and I'll get him to plan them into his projects

Rowanlady

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 10 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sally - I love all your stuff

I've fallen for your shawls - I can just see me snuggled down with a good book by my new log stove

Does your Gareth do simple pins for fastening the shawls - I'm thinking of a straight pin in bone or metal - not a pennanular brooch

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 10 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowanlady wrote:

Does your Gareth do simple pins for fastening the shawls - I'm thinking of a straight pin in bone or metal - not a pennanular brooch

He does, and I should have some to upload next week, just got to get them all photographed and suchlike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive