About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
What can I do with buttons?
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 05 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have seen a load of buttons knotted individually onto fishing line and each strand of these tacked to a wooden batten and hung at a window.
Bit like a beaded curtain only more stylish and the glass ones and see through ones look lovely with the light showing through them. Would look great in a teenagers room. Could make a lampshade to match too?

snootycat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 05 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a bag made of ordinary material then covered with buttons. It was in a shop and cost a fortune. you just need all different sizes to cover it completely

Nanny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 05 7:12 pm    Post subject: buttons Reply with quote

have you ever considered the virtues of becoming a pearly queen denise?

cab

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 05 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the chemicals I was referring to (Ferric ammonium citrate and potassium ferricyanide) here:

https://www.silverprint.co.uk/

I'll see if I can get the the technique to work and tell you all about it. The info I have says that you need 60g of the former chemical and 30g of the latter, each dissolved in 250ml of distilled water, and you mix them in a dark-ish room.

Soak the fabric in this, squeeze it out and dry it in the dark. Seal it in a light proof box.

For exposure, put it out on a solid surface, put soemthing on top of it that'll have a nice pattern, and carry it into the sunlight for at least ten minutes. It'll turn grey-ish where the sun hits it, that's when it's getting to be done.

Keep washing it till the water runs clear.

To enhance the colour, wash it in 1/2 tsp hydrogen peroxide in a couple of litres of water.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive