Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Simple solution to flying logs.
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 10:07 am    Post subject: Simple solution to flying logs. Reply with quote

Having to stop chopping & picking up the wood to re-split god knows how many times.
Plus the inevitable times when the log decides to use your shin as a backstop, you can probably understand my delight when I saw this simple solution.
Mind I don't know what would happen if you missed the log & hit the tyre instead!

Gervase

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use that method - and if you are unlucky enough to hit the tyre the bounce-back is impressive, and so is the language!

darkbrowneggs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's that axe they are using?

all the best
Sue
Dark Brown Eggs

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A leveraxe.

darkbrowneggs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummmmm....... Looks very nice but at that price I think it will have to migrate down my list of priorities

All the best
Sue
Dark Brown Eggs

Tavascarow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gervase wrote:
I use that method - and if you are unlucky enough to hit the tyre the bounce-back is impressive, and so is the language!

That's what I thought.
Mind my language when the logs bruise my shins is pretty colourful as well.
sean wrote:
A leveraxe.

That seems like a lot of money for a drop forged axe when you can buy a hand forged Gränsfors Bruks for about half that.

judith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So will that method work as well with any old axe?

Gervase

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a user of any old axe, plus a sledge and wood grenade, yes.

judith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good-oh. Will give it a try then.

Dave NE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A length of chain and a bungee cord will take up less space and will fit any diameter log, cheers Dave NE

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep reading the title as '...flying dogs.'

tutor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I noticed that somebody came to my websites from this conversation. I am the inventor of the Leveraxe. It may look as any axe before, but there are not really similarities with the conventional axes.
The Leveraxe is one sided. Finally after four million years, since the stone age, the AXE is totally safe to it's user. Based to the design of the blade it will always STOP on the block. It hasn't got any chance to continue it's way to your foot. It has been on the market nearly five (5) years and there has happened NO ACCIDENT. In fact, based to the design, it is impossible to hurt yourself. It is more expensive than the traditional axes, but it is definitely more effective, 100% safe and really enjoyable to use. The blade will never stick in to the block. The splitting is much faster than with any other axe. The blade is made by precision casting. It is weapon quality. The blade has 10 years guarantee. I invented the use of the tire on the chopper block. It is very handy when using the Leveraxe. You can fill the tire with blocks and then you can series chop them in no time. This is possible with the Leveraxe, because the blade will not penetrate through the blocks. The blade will stop and REMAIN on the blocks. The shaft/handle is NOT in danger as with the conventional axe. I am not going to start any yes or no arguing on these pages, but I am willing to answer to RELEVANT questions. Please go to my websites, make yourself acquainted with the videos and all the other information. If any further need to get more information, I will answer you willingly.
I am not saying,buy this AXE. I leave that decision to you. If you want to choose safe and enjoyable way to make your firewood here is the answer. https://www.vipukirves.fi/english/index.htm
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vipukirves&aq=f

Greenfoot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tutor wrote:
Hello

I noticed that somebody came to my websites from this conversation. I am the inventor of the Leveraxe. It may look as any axe before, but there are not really similarities with the conventional axes.
The Leveraxe is one sided. Finally after four million years, since the stone age, the AXE is totally safe to it's user. Based to the design of the blade it will always STOP on the block. It hasn't got any chance to continue it's way to your foot. It has been on the market nearly five (5) years and there has happened NO ACCIDENT. In fact, based to the design, it is impossible to hurt yourself. It is more expensive than the traditional axes, but it is definitely more effective, 100% safe and really enjoyable to use. The blade will never stick in to the block. The splitting is much faster than with any other axe. The blade is made by precision casting. It is weapon quality. The blade has 10 years guarantee. I invented the use of the tire on the chopper block. It is very handy when using the Leveraxe. You can fill the tire with blocks and then you can series chop them in no time. This is possible with the Leveraxe, because the blade will not penetrate through the blocks. The blade will stop and REMAIN on the blocks. The shaft/handle is NOT in danger as with the conventional axe. I am not going to start any yes or no arguing on these pages, but I am willing to answer to RELEVANT questions. Please go to my websites, make yourself acquainted with the videos and all the other information. If any further need to get more information, I will answer you willingly.
I am not saying,buy this AXE. I leave that decision to you. If you want to choose safe and enjoyable way to make your firewood here is the answer. https://www.vipukirves.fi/english/index.htm
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vipukirves&aq=f

Congratulations for creating this type of axe.

Tavascarow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very impressed with the axe but as I said earlier a little expensive in my humble opinion.
The tyre is excellent & definitely within my price range.

RichardW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 10 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Would I be right in saying that the leveraxe twists as it enters the log so it opens the split?

If so how does that actually feel in the hands holding the axe? IE does it impart some of that twist force to the hands / elbow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive