Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
DETS
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 10 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - but when it works it works quite well. I've found an active group here that does include people who actually DO stuff. Including someone with a 7.5 ton truck for hire. I must be the only person in the country who actually WANTS hopi ear candling rather than an electrician . There's even a market once a month that you can take your stuff along to.

Did all Nick's close neighbours move out, then?

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 10 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that he had them deported to Australia or something. Herefordshire's still quite feudal.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 10 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treacodactyl wrote:
Just seen this mentioned, no idea if it's any good as I've not used it but thought it worth mentioning. https://www.streetbank.com/

You don't frequent the Sheffieldforum do you? Or is it coincidence?

I like the idea of streetbank, but it was not what I was thinking of.

sean wrote:
LETS is supposed to act as a currency isn't it? Which is where it breaks down because everybody wants a carpenter/gardener/electrician but there's a small level of demand for Hopi ear candling.

Which is why it makes sense to cast the net a bit wider.

Nick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 10 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean wrote:
I think that he had them deported to Australia or something. Herefordshire's still quite feudal.

Hell, yes.

charlieb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 10 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judith wrote:
I think it works very well as it is - I have no interest in a formalised arrangement.

Unless you've tried one of the more formal websites out there, you're bound to think things are fine just as they are.

A more formal arrangement - which is accessible and organised well - can only be a good thing. Especially if it has community cohesion, reduction of waste and the act of sharing at its core.

Incidentally I'm a member of Streetbank too - and a massive fan. https://www.streetbank.com/

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 10 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that anyone's suggesting that people shouldn't join streetbank or whatever other scheme they want to take part in. More that within the framework of downsizer the existing help/barter system works very nicely without the need for more formal administration.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive