Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
FIT rates tumble
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 11 8:43 am    Post subject: FIT rates tumble Reply with quote

To be announced later today.

Fit payment rates for under 10kWp PV installs is to be reduced from 43.3p to 21p for all installs fitted & registered after 8/12/2011.

If you are planning on doing it do it get it booked TODAY cos they are going to get busy as soon as this goes public.

Bebo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 11 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, glad I got mine installed in August.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 11 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: FIT rates tumble Reply with quote

RichardW wrote:
If you are planning on doing it do it get it booked TODAY cos they are going to get busy as soon as this goes public.

More public than on the TV you mean?

RichardW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 11 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did it hit the TV?

What have they actually said?

Cant see it on any of the on line news & the document that it was in was on line in a not very secure secured area. It now been removed (I have a copy).

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 11 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downsizer is the new WikiLeaks!

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 11 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardW wrote:
When did it hit the TV?

What have they actually said?

It was on yesterday that they plan to halve FIT rates... Think it was ITV news, but it didn't have my full attention.

RichardW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 11 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan was for a reduction that started in April 2012 as per the initial FIT scheme rules. The expected reduction was about 30% not the over 50% thats has been muted. Giving just 6 weeks notice when install are planned for months before installation is bad for the industry.

People will be cancelling installs that wont be installed & registered by the cut off date.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 11 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job this government is in favour of small business, otherwise a lot of those installers are likely to fold...

yummersetter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 11 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed, more or less
https://www.fitariffs.co.uk/FITs/regulation/first_review/comprehensive/ which also has a link to the consultation document

Following RichardW's posting, we arranged an installation that we'd been mulling over for a while with the company who did a good job on the studio system. They came over within a hour and did the site survey and have agreed to install in 10-14 days - we were their first callers and before closing that night they'd had over a hundred requests for quotes.

Nicky cigreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 11 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and we were just thinking of going for it....now have to rethink

shadiya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 11 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for Cameron and his greenest government ever spiel

Lorrainelovesplants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 11 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we cant build our apex before Dec so we will now do our own thing.

Jb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 11 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm surprised. The government need or at the very least want to cut some of the expenditure. The FIT rates did seem extraordinarily generous as they were about 4 times the price of domestic electricity and I can't help feeling that if those rates are needed to persuade people to take up solar power then it suggests that solar power is either not cost effective in it's own terms or is not yet a sufficiently mature technology to warrant widespread deployment.

I do wonder how many people are going to suffer the problems that a lot of early adopters suffer because they went into solar early because of the subsidies rather than because of it being a good technical solution?

RichardW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 11 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorrainelovesplants wrote:
we cant build our apex before Dec so we will now do our own thing.

Dont cut your nose off just yet.

1, you will pay 20% VAT on all the bits you buy rather than the 5% for an installed system

2, you wont get any payments of any kind

3, 21p sounds low when compared to the 43.3p rate but will still give a good return & miles better than no payment at all.

4, if you cant get in before the 12/12/11 (new date) dead line then wait till just before the next rate drop & install then for even less cost than currently charged. Just think 18 months ago an under £10k 4kWp system would have been but a dream, now its common. By the time the next reduction comes round you could be looking at sub £8 or 9k.

ros

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 11 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just spoken to a nice lady from one of the rent-a-roof schemes, who called to say not to worry- this wouldn't have an impact on them as their business model/backers had assumed a drop to 20p when they did the viability study.

She also said they were working with a group of mortgage companies to determine the best way forward to allay their fears about the schemes and to get their help with the contract.

'tis not dead yet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive