About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Best Mid-Price Dog Food - Suggestions?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 12 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a young athlete i need a different diet to other hounds who have different needs

im a fan of sharing my grub with my man he gets plenty of meat and enough veg even if i get most of the meaty bones and extra flesh

as dried food goes jerky and iams is popular , i like to share dried peas and flaked maize with the minipigs ,i need muscle to make muscle and bones to make bones, so that is what i make him feed me most of the time

ps cake is rather nice

love ki

lassemista

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 12 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I suggest you look at CSJ
https://www.csjk9.com/
I have fed my dogs on it for a couple of years now, and was so impressed with it that I became a stockist (in a very small way). I am not on your patch so I have no ulterior motive.
They have essentially 3 ranges, and I feed and mainly sell the cheapest one - Champ at under £11 for 15kgs. You can buy it online, but delivery takes the edge of the price advantage if you do. The other way they sell is through a number of local stockists like me, mainly dog people who feed it themselves. They are all shown on the site.
The reason it is cheap is not that the ingredients are cheap (unlike some other budget foods) - the saving comes from not paying a series of middle men and advertising executives.
Although it is a working dog food, I don't find weight is a problem. Just adjust the amount to how active the dog is. There is a lower protein senior food, which some people buy, who have very greedy dogs (labradors mainly!).
Most people seem to find the pooh is firmer, less smelly, and less!
Coat condition is superb (I show my dogs successfully at championship level), but the more expensive ranges cater for dogs with eg allergy issues. The staff at CSJ are very helpful, and will point you to the right food if the skin problem needs it. Even the hypoallergenic range is only in the region of £30 per bag.
If you do give it a go, please let me know how you get on
Andrea.

sueshells

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 12 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Andrea - I have looked at the website and the food looks good plus there is a stockist just down the road and on our way to a favourite walk. As an added bonus it is a Whippet kennels and I adore whippets!

Think I might give it a try.

Nell Merionwen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 12 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pooch is very very lucky. We have a really lovely butcher who gives her his off cuts and scraps
We love him.....

Tavascarow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 12 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sueshells wrote:
if you mutts a working dog.

Don't make me laugh - she is a Poodle - I have to manicure her nails every Monday!

If she barks then you have a guard dog.
Alerting you to the presence of another is a job even a Yorkshire terrier could accomplish as long as they haven't had their voice boxes removed.

sueshells

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 12 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If she barks then you have a guard dog."

I shall be OK if I am at risk from:-

a) The postman
b) Kipper - the adorable rescue dog and his 83 year old owner
c) Kath's three cats
b) Any child on a skateboard

Other than that she doesn't really bother. Old dog (died last year) used to bark ferociously at everything, which was a bit of a pain - he used to bark at me if I was outside and he was inside. She got used to letting him do the talking......on the other hand I think she could be silent but deadly, which he certainly wasn't!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive