Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
What is a Good bank these days?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 12 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often thought about opening an account with the co-op, their business banking bit seems OK, but we don't have any local post offices which would limit the paying in malarky besides I don't like the idea of posting cheques to them ...don't know why.. so haven't yet done it.

ING - I've been trying to open a savings account with them now since Christmas. I get all the gubbings and the money is transferred then a few days later they write to me wanting all my ID stuff again, I ring up sort it then get a I get a statement and then they write telling me they've closed my account because I didn't send in the ID .. Which the phone call previously confirms I have..It's a merry-go-round I've since stopped playing on.

As for the HSBC - bunch of useless inbred morons, bereft of any sense common or otherwise they make Forest Gump look like Einstein, if I had a hit list they'd be the reason for it.

Rob R

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 12 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.G wrote:
As for the HSBC - bunch of useless inbred morons, bereft of any sense common or otherwise they make Forest Gump look like Einstein, if I had a hit list they'd be the reason for it.

Conversely, I've had the direct opposite experience.

I never post cheques to banks though - I like to know they get there & are paid in.

Ren

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 12 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but the co-op were a mutual but since the 'merger' with britannia, I don't think they are classed as such, they are a weird one.

All mutual are run for the benefit of the customers and don't have shareholders driving them. My knowledge is a little dated, but this also means that mutual need to have a larger proportion of funding from 'secure methods, rather than dodgy overseas funds that are likely to go belly up. (Note: this is not an official economic statement.)

Yorkshire building society are good, they have quite good coverage especially in the yorkshire area and certainly used to alow you to deposit cheques etc with britannia. Although they don't do business banking.

As they are merged with bradford &bingley??? And chelsea bs, they may also allow deposits etc at their branches, Without further research, I couldn't confirm.

Nick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 12 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure Bradford and bingley are Santander now.

Ren

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 12 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Pretty sure Bradford and bingley are Santander now.

That's right.
I always got mixed up, I meant Barnsley Building Society!. Similar,
they are all local yorkshire BS's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive