Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Old medical supplies
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 12 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perish the thought that we should read an entire post, where would be the fun?

Ty Gwyn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 12 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gervase:1284821"]Urine is good for burns, as it's sterile. Which puts a new slant on the dismissive "I wouldn't p*ss on X if s/he was on fire"!

Its also good for hardening your hands,so you dont get blisters.if you ve run out of surgical spirits.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 12 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a slight sideways but a first aid kit should be seperate to a pre hospital trauma life support kit .the latter is a good idea if you are more than 10 mins from an ambulance especially if one has a "rural" lifestyle of critters and machinary and guns and dangeroos roads

plasters etc and eyewash kits can be had for about £15 and un opened last for years

phtls kits are best collected and boxed according to likely need ,

a "farm" kit in case of rural trama might include

large thermal blanket (waterproof ,insulating ,clean)
several large absorbant field dressings
touniquet
cellox (or similar coagulant)
several one way thoracic valves (if the chest puncture dont kill ,collapsed lungs will )
several large burn dressings (high tech gel ones )

rescue tool ,gaffer tape,paramedic scissors ,safety pins ,etc are useful and all will fit in a small package with the above in a well known location ,next to the spare fire extinguisers is a good spot

none of that kit takes much training to know how to be very useful with it if bad things happen

it seems a bit hardcore but tis something to work with while waiting for an ambulance or helicopter ,

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 12 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iirc

www.spservices.co.uk/

have lots of useful kit

Pilsbury

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 12 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wormguy wrote:

You can always recycle your out of date bandages to first aid trainers, who are always looking for this stuff. I cried the first time I bought bandages for people to practice with, when I remembered the amount of stuff I was forced to dump over the years.

And on that very subject I have just asked my manager to start a box that instead of throwing out stuff every month that is out of date we give it to a first aid trainer to use or someone like the scouts or st johns for training, I have asked her to email local home and I'm going to suggest t at a national level but no promises.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive