Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Emergency Travel Documents

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 12 3:55 pm    Post subject: Emergency Travel Documents Reply with quote

Has anyone any experience of these? We have a volunteer here who needs to travel asap but has allowed his passport to expire. I've found all the info on the embassy website but nowhere does it give any idea how much it would cost and they've already shut for the weekend. Even a rough idea (another country or whatever) would be good as we haven't a clue. I know he has to apply in person but also can't find how long they take to process.

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 12 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning up to get a passport in person, same day was around 140 quid when I needed it.

Went

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 12 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Emergency Travel Documents Reply with quote

Andrea wrote:
Has anyone any experience of these? We have a volunteer here who needs to travel asap but has allowed his passport to expire. I've found all the info on the embassy website but nowhere does it give any idea how much it would cost and they've already shut for the weekend. Even a rough idea (another country or whatever) would be good as we haven't a clue. I know he has to apply in person but also can't find how long they take to process.

Any use?

https://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/passports1/passports-a-to-z/e-topics/emergency-travel

Andrea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 12 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gawber. Still no clue about prices there, but Nick's experience at least gives us a ballpark. I guess he's just going to have to wait until Monday. Silly twit should have renewed his passport months ago rather than waiting for it to be an emergency.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive