Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
post-gin sloes....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 12 6:40 pm    Post subject: post-gin sloes.... Reply with quote

So I took the sloes out of my sloe gins and whiskies (top tip - label them if you're making them both; I can no longer tell the difference with confidence) and it occured to me they should be useable for something spectacular being as they are fruit flesh infused with whisky. They do still have the stones in though which puts me off my primary idea - coating them in melted chocolate.

I'm thinking some sort of chutney or something. Any ideas anyone?

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 12 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can transfer them to cider or scrumpy and make slider or slumpy.

gil
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 12 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or make jelly.

Went

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 12 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or just eat them...

gz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 12 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did crabapple and sloe jelly AND crabapple and sloe cheese.....

they both still have that Certain Something...even after a couple of years in a cool larder

judith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 12 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use them to stuff a duck or chicken. (I don't eat them afterwards, but they do make a lovely gravy).

sd-235

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 12 9:56 am    Post subject: sloe cider Reply with quote

Made 7 gallons of Sloe Gin last year. Don't drink much myself give it away for favours done but I use all the sloes in cider. As soonest as the Gin has been emptied out in goes my own cider. My cider is nit always great allthough adding a little apple juice at the dinking stage always makes it palatable. But the Sloe Cider is just heaven. This year I will probably do nothing as I only got out of hospital in May and have septic arthritis in one knee so it will be a while before I can walk unaided (crutches) but no problem cycling so may have a look and pick a bit anywhere close to a road. I don't feel to bad about it as not a great year for any fruit??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive