Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Anaerobic digestors...
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 13 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/17/07/2013/140055/maize-for-ad-plants-a-39major-concern39-warns.htm

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 13 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob R wrote:
https://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/17/07/2013/140055/maize-for-ad-plants-a-39major-concern39-warns.htm

I will happily put my hand up to being too drunk to express a valid opinion, but growing stuff for the purpose of AD just seems entirely daft.
Does not mean that AD is a bad idea for waste disposal.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 13 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think one of the major problems with using arable farming waste is that cellulose doesn't break down easily and quickly. This has also been a problem with the development of bio-fuels from woodchip or straw waste.

As you say Hairyloon, if you are with us again in spirit as well as body, is that there is no point in growing things just to use AD on them, but it should be a good method of waste disposal for other things.

Pilsbury

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 13 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It cant be that hard, i have just been on kiva and there were at least 3 people lookimg for loans to go towards installimg a total of 20 biodigestes in tanzania....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive