Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Biogas injection...
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 14 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couch grass roots make a very effective poultice against green wounds especially those caused by soil bacteria.other grasses have other properties.

docks are a perfect remedy for nettles and some insect stings and among the many types there are medicines for burns scalds ,ulcers and other skin problems ,some will stem bleeding including that from stomach/intestinal infections and ulcers.

buttercups are rather harsh but have been used to raise blisters much like spanish fly to treat gout etc(there are better things for such problems ) but they are very good to cause a ugly but fairly harmless ulcer to increase one's begging appeal.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 14 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know.
The only flaw in that plan though is that I'm growing them in commercial quantities and that is also against the rules.

It's a hypothetical point anyway: on my plot nobody gives a monkeys what anybody grows, and on herself's plot the association is a law unto itself.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 14 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At about that time I set up a little experiment to prove to myself that gas production is as easy as I though it was (pretty much it is): a load of weeds in a barrel of water, an upturned bucket on top with a tap in the bottom of the bucket.
It sat for a few weeks doing not a lot, whereupon I had a sudden idea of where I might find some of the right bacteria... and a week or so later I was rewarded with a blue flame.
It was a very low production rate (it is not a big barrel), indeed, I thought it may have stopped, so I did not worry too much about doing anything with it or leaving it going, but I came back yesterday after a couple of weeks away and found the bucket nearly climbing out of the barrel: presumably it has had a sudden big spurt of production.
Any guesses what has occurred?

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 14 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The initial spurt might have been from the soft tissue, and now the more fibrous material is breaking down. Not too sure of this, but one possible explanation.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 14 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the theory I'd gone to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive