About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Women who've made a difference.....
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 05 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend Sally, who is the chairman of our local Agenda 21 group here in Dorset ...

There are several female organic farmers in Dorset but their names escape me ... will come back later when I remember them

Caroline Salt, who runs a SUPERB nursery school along very eco-friendly lines in Dorset ...

I know two or three female primary school teachers who have started eco- or green- "clubs" in their schools to encourage children in this area ...

hotluca

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

what about the woman who's done the sheeps wool insulation? Sorry, can't remember her name

HL

judith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotluca wrote:
Hi

what about the woman who's done the sheeps wool insulation? Sorry, can't remember her name

HL

Good one - Christine Armstrong is her name.

marigold

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jema wrote:
NickHowe wrote:
Anita Roddick? You're kidding right?

She runs a high street chain of 1,200+ shops, across 45 countries. They make big claims that are at best misleading, at worst lies.
Do you think their stuff is not tested on animals?
Are they involved in substitutes for animal testing?
Are their products natural?
Are they made and sold locally, or are they shipped around the globe?

I have no particular axe to grind with her, but, please don't leave her on a pedestal.

Interesting area this, there are quite a few "eco-entraupenuers" who leave you wondering if they are using the "green" movement simply to make money, and if an "ethical" bandwagon was not where the action is at, would they be making their money in some far grubbier fashion?

And lest we forget, although Anita is superb at PR it was her husband who RAN the company..... They are selling stuff nobody really needs, with ingredients flown in from all over the world. Personally I think the Body Shop is a con.

jamsam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my health visitor came to the area 20 years ago to join a hippie commune, learnt welsh and went onto become a real local hero. she is a fountain of knowledge on homeopathic medicine, real nappies, sharing a bed, alternative education, tyou name it, she knows and she spends her weekedns organising rambles!
her name is viv kersey, llandovery, carmarthenshire.

sunpuppy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the suggestions keep on coming, thanks everyone - I'm writing down all the names that people mention. At this rate it's going to be difficult to narrow down the best ones for the article - I'm going to want to put everyone in!

marigold

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about picking one each from different categories? eg. a nappy or other clothing person, a foodie person and a plant/garden person? Or a farming person, a mail-order person and an ethical local shop person?

You could refer to others within the categories as well as the main interviewees if your brief for the article allows? Good luck

jamsam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 05 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="marigold"]What about picking one each from different categories? eg. a nappy or other clothing person, a foodie person and a plant/garden person? Or a farming person, a mail-order person and an ethical local shop person?

quote]

thats the best way to do it, then you wont have 3 foodies and no farmers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive