About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Spilling food
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 15 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solway feeders do one which stops this - it's called 'Blenheim' and it sorted this problem out with my ladies - very little if any scattering of feed now and they were dreadful previously.

https://www.solwayfeeders.com/poultry-game-feeders/outdoor-feeders/solway-blenheim-feeder-with-outdoor-rain-cover-6kg/

Apologies for long link

VM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 15 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all suggestions. Will try some of them at least!

I take the feeder in at night but in the mornings currently don't have much time to let them hoover up and then go out again - have to get out to hens and back to house within duration of one short cartoon on telly so small grandchildren don't notice I have gone! When they only came on visits it was a treat to come out to see the chickens but now they are living with us full-time, and especially in cold weather, an early trip to the hens involves a lot of dressing, argument, competition over who carries the feeder etc etc etc.

alison
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 15 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only feed inside. It has cut my feed bills down loads, now I am not feeding every seagul and pigeon in North Devon

VM

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 15 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bought the feeder from Solway and almost no more spilled food, so thanks for that suggestion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive