Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Green DIY Projects - ideas please
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 15 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn wrote:
I made a tiered planter that you described on the opening post, OtleyLad all from one pallet, but I had to demolish the pallet first. The original size was 4ft square with solid runners underneath the pallet. I took it apart carefully and made a base about 3ftx2ft. and raised it to about 3ft, spuds on the base and so on with bits on the top. I made another and sold it for£5 at a boot fair. The way to make such a structure sound is always to put a pair of cross braces at the rear between the top shelf and the "pallet" base. And have a large stone at the rear on the base. Ideal as a herb garden or for salads. I also put a tool holder on the side.

Sounds great - have you any pics?

gregotyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 15 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see if I can get a friend to do one for me, my pooting is nowhere near that level!

Hill farmer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 15 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a wood store out of old pallets ?
Very cheap or even free to get hold of and if you keep the project simple - very little to do in regard to construction , the way they are built allows for free flow of air in between the slats and thereby dries wood really fast.
good luck

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 15 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That with a solid roof would make an ideal log store Hill Farmer. Put pallets in the bottom to keep the wood off the ground too.

gregotyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 16 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at long last my neighbour has photographed the various bits I have made from scrap pallets. Now what with me being not much use with the pooting game, I got my star librarian to do the publishing on here for me. Every time we copy a picture it will not print it out on the page, so we are going to think again and see what happens, we don't know if it is to do with my memory stick or not, but at least they are on there! If anyone can help and explain how to print these pictures in layman's terms, then I will have another go on Thursday-library closed tomorrow-thanks.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 16 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't just copy and paste them they need to be uploaded to the Downsizer gallery. At the bottom of the window that you type into there's a green Attach File link. You need to click on this. It will open another little window. Use the 'Browse' button to look for your picture file, open it and then click on upload.

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 16 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might need to reduce the file size or save for web and devices for each snap.

ds cant manage full resolution photos

gregotyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 16 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears my pics. are so 'good' that they are twice as good as the DS system can cope with! so I am snookered. My ability with a pixel reduction programme is nil. I will go out and buy a camera that takes 'normal' pictures that DS can cope with, 'twas my neighbour what took 'em, guv, honest! This could be fun on Saturday morning, as most folks think that more is good, so locating a basic camera may also be a problem.

Slim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 16 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn wrote:
It appears my pics. are so 'good' that they are twice as good as the DS system can cope with! so I am snookered. My ability with a pixel reduction programme is nil. I will go out and buy a camera that takes 'normal' pictures that DS can cope with, 'twas my neighbour what took 'em, guv, honest! This could be fun on Saturday morning, as most folks think that more is good, so locating a basic camera may also be a problem.

Don't go buying a new camera! You'll be able to convert the files without an added expense. (I think)

maybe try something like this https://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 16 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this will do it easily

no need for a low res camera.get a high res one and adjust snaps as required

gregotyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 16 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that has possibilities, I will have a go in the morning if the 'right' librarian is working.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 16 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpack wrote:
this will do it easily

no need for a low res camera.get a high res one and adjust snaps as required

That's absolutely excellent for doing pics for forums/fb/twitter. Thanks for the find dpack.

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 16 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 16 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by gregotyn on Sat Apr 16, 16 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 16 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive