About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Finishing cockerels
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 16 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you sell hatching eggs, Bodger? It'd make my dad's Christmas (2017, obviously)

Im looking forward to crossing Mr Croad. I might try Indian game when Jenna is a bit older. She loves the chickens, and I'm not sure a really big cockerel is a good idea while it's still so hands on with them.

Last edited by wellington womble on Tue Sep 06, 16 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bodger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 16 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll send you some for the price of the postage in the spring. Just kick me in the shins to remind me.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 16 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that would be lovely.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 17 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Marans was very tasty. As people said he was a small bird once dressed (I think that ought to be undressed!) only 1200g, and he went in October, so more than six months old. But he was easily as good as the free range organic chicken from a farm shop I frequent. He had very little fat, but it was a lovely yellow colour and the dark meat was very dark, although also as good as any we've had. He was very moist, with loads of juices for gravy and nice tender chicken.

Overall, a success from my point of view. I'll definitely give meat birds another go. If I can just keep the fox at bay, we should get some lovely ones. I'm really miffed about the Croads. I think Mr Croad Langshan would have been really tasty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive