Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
chez

2011 Skillshare barter/for sale/wanted thread

Anything specific you want to offer or ask for?

Bring books, yarn, jellies and jams, clothes, toys, plants etc to swap or sell.
gil wrote:
Are we going to have a bring and share / barter / sell section ?
For example :
Preserves
Yarn etc
Books
CDs, DVDs, computer games
Kids' toys
Clothing
Implements

I will still have a few hatching eggs by then I think. Barnevelder and Legbar.
Kids clothes - small girl, larger boy
Books

I would be interested in preserves and herb plants and maybe soap.

Mochyn wants breeze blocks Rolling Eyes

Mod edited to make this a Sticky.
gil

Offered :

Implements
1 baking girdle - Chez
1 hand-cranked mouli-thing - 12Bore

Repurposing / fabric
Various silk shirts : could use unworn areas (e.g. the backs) for patchwork, lining sewn items, making small sewn items, general repurposing.
Fabric samples that could be used for quilting or cushion covers - cotton chintz

Clothing
2 silk shirts in good nick and might fit/suit someone :
a) salmon-pink sleeveless shell, probably size 14
b) peacock green Thai silk men's shirt, long sleeves, possibly chest 44-46", quite large but not humungous

Black silk long dress, Monsoon, size 16, sleeveless, fitted at top, flared wide skirt
Long black silk crepe de chine full skirt, size 14, Jeff Banks
(both too wide and too long for Scottish Country Dancing)

(Dealing with the effect of random acts of charity shopping on my wardrobe)

Other
possibly some yarn

Preserves
sally_in_wales

ooh the long black silk dress sounds lovely, do you think it might fit me?

I'll probably have soap to swap, and plague rats. And various other things like spindles and fibre etc.

Also we have a box of accessories for a pasta machine, the basic machine itself died, but we have the fancy cutter sections if anyone has a pasta machine and wants some extra parts.

I think we also have some bits that fit a Kenwood Chef but a different model to the one we have, including a mincer and a blender -but will have to dig those out and have a look
gil

Yes, quite likely. You get first dibs on it, then.
It has a round/boaty neckline front and back.
sally_in_wales

Splendid, will look forwards to giving that a try Cool
jamanda

Splendid, will look forwards to giving that a try Cool

2nd dibs here!

Baking girdle? Is it 24 hour?
gil

Baking girdle? Is it 24 hour?

Laughing

It's one of those robust square, flat metal griddles that you heat up on the hob to make panscones / girdle scones. With a handle. Like a flat, square frying pan with a lip all the way round to stop any batter overflowing.
I have two; I only need one.
jamanda

Anyone wanting rampant mint let me know. chez

I'd quite like the griddle, gil, if you remember it! gz

I'll be bringing pots to sell or barter.

There might be some books as well Smile
chez

Will you have anything butter-dish shaped? earthyvirgo

Will you have anything butter-dish shaped?

What, like a butter-dish you mean? Shocked

Oh Chez, I do wish we were coming ....

EV
chez

She *does* post, you know! Laughing earthyvirgo

She *does* post, you know! Laughing

I daren't look at gz's website, it's devilishly tempting.

I have a beautiful lidded pot which I succumbed to last year and I must show some self-control otherwise it could easily become 2, or 3 ...

EV
gz

Just sold a small cheese bell- with a mouse on it, by the handle Cool

a small Brie box fitted neatly inside Very Happy
chez

I would like something that will take a half pound of butter ... I need to go and look at your website again! 12Bore

Gil, is the hand "cranked mouli-thing" one of the older metal ones? I've been after one for ages but can only find the placcy ones. gil

Gil, is the hand "cranked mouli-thing" one of the older metal ones? I've been after one for ages but can only find the placcy ones.

Yes, it'll be late 1950s, and there may be a leaflet. It has all the different attachments.
gil

I'd quite like the griddle, gil, if you remember it!

Sure ! I've started filling a box with stuff to bring.
12Bore

Gil, is the hand "cranked mouli-thing" one of the older metal ones? I've been after one for ages but can only find the placcy ones.

Yes, it'll be late 1950s, and there may be a leaflet. It has all the different attachments.
Oooh, I'm not at the skillshare (damnit), but could I bagsy the mouli-thing and sort out postage etc please?
gil

Oooh, I'm not at the skillshare (damnit), but could I bagsy the mouli-thing and sort out postage etc please?

Yes, sure. It's a silly shape, so I'l need to find a box for it.
Do you know whether the handle can be removed without damage, for transit ?
jamanda

We have one that comes totally apart. Post a picture. Let's see if it's the same. 12Bore

Thanks Laughing haven't used one since I lived with my mum, but I think the handle is removable. gil

The two wee legs fold under, but the bigger, long one doesn't seem to. Does yours ?
Handle/crank comes off fine.
gz

I would like something that will take a half pound of butter ... I need to go and look at your website again!

I'll check the one I have for size. It isn't perfect, and it is blue with a small mouse on it Smile
lettucewoman

I will be bringing a selection of jewellery...ok not strictly useful but we have to spoil ourselves sometime (make great xmas pressies too)....also some wirework tools and practice wire, and a few other bits and bobs... Very Happy alison

I have some grolsch bottles free to a good home. Dusty (been living in the greenhouse) but fully functionable. chez

I have some grolsch bottles free to a good home. Dusty (been living in the greenhouse) but fully functionable.

Oooh, yes please!
alison

I have some grolsch bottles free to a good home. Dusty (been living in the greenhouse) but fully functionable.

Oooh, yes please!

They are all yours. Very Happy
chez

We have honey! gythagirl

You'll never get your honey in Grolsch bottles.. Laughing Rusticwood

You'll never get your honey in Grolsch bottles.. Laughing

Unless they plan to make mead Wink Laughing Laughing
gil

More an unofficial skillshare for subjects not covered by workshops than a barter/sell, but

Is anyone going to the Skillshare who could help me with re-stringing beads ? I have beading needles and thread, and clasps - mainly I would like to learn how to put knots between the beads.

Also, if I bring my drop spindle and some prepped fleece, please could someone remind me how to do this ?

Happy to share sock-knitting skills, or preserves.
jamanda

Bags of raw fleece and two heated propagator type things any use to anyone? Nell Merionwen

More an unofficial skillshare for subjects not covered by workshops than a barter/sell, but

Is anyone going to the Skillshare who could help me with re-stringing beads ? I have beading needles and thread, and clasps - mainly I would like to learn how to put knots between the beads.

Also, if I bring my drop spindle and some prepped fleece, please could someone remind me how to do this ?

Happy to share sock-knitting skills, or preserves.

yes to both assuming we will be there. Things are a bit up in the air at the moment...
mochyn

I'll bring the box of knitted items (to sell) and a box of books, mainly gardening, for barter. snowball

Yes please to raw fleece. gardening-girl

Me too for both if Nell can`t make it.

Not being greedy,but the propagators would be usefull for the allotment co-operative.
sean

I think that Jamanda's brother snaffled the propagators. jamanda

Yes please to raw fleece.

You are a wonderful woman Very Happy

Yes - Sorry the propagators went to my brother.
gz

Anyone got a wooden pestle suitable for getting fruit pulp through a sieve?

Will barter for a pot Cool
jamanda

Anyone got a wooden pestle suitable for getting fruit pulp through a sieve?

Will barter for a pot Cool

I bet you could get one made while you're there if you chat up Rusticwood.
gz

requested Smile Rusticwood

I bet you could get one made while you're there if you chat up Rusticwood.

What are you sugesting I'm like Shocked

I'll have you know I'm happily married
Laughing Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home