Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
dpack

?????

feline kill?

it does not look like canine dining cos the bones are still mostly articulated

tis a pity there are no close ups of teeth marks
a few swabs /hair /footprint details etc would also id the diner

my guess is good fake or biggish puss/es ,i recon something about cougar size might be the chap.

the unchewed legs is rather puss style but what do you folk think ?

30 yrs ago a very steady and reliable chap (brig gen etc etc )who was one of the deer cullers for blackheath surrey was certain there was a big puss on his patch so im willing to believe there are a few out there even though most reports do seem rather iffy .
Mistress Rose

As I just posted in the other thread, we think there is a big cat roaming the South Downs Way. We have seen it in the wood and have its paw print as a picture. Haven't seen it lately, but there are very few rabbits around, which would be its main food. No sign of any deer killed here either, but out sightings are of something black, about large dog size.
wellington womble

No idea, but what a lot of other piffle is on there! I have just lost an hour looking at who's had too much plastic surgery, which celebrity couples' marriage's failed and which child stars died too young. Oh, and what celebrities you never knew had a twin.

I'm ill and my resistance is low. The next lot of jobs all involve going upstairs or outside, so I'm putting them off.
Lorrainelovesplants

Must have been a very cocksure panther to spend all that time eating a carcass in a garden!
There is not a lot left on it - that took time.
As big cats are naturally so hesitant to never be photographed etc, I find this difficult to beleive. And why didnt it drag it off to eat somewhere less conspicuous?
buzzy

Hungry foxes?

Henry
Treacodactyl

It looks like it's been chewed by a variety of critters so it'll be very hard to tell what took it down.

I've found a similar corpse, but less far gone with more evidence of what killed it. Even so there's still more than one possible culprit.
buzzy

It looks like it's been chewed by a variety of critters so it'll be very hard to tell what took it down.

I've found a similar corpse, but less far gone with more evidence of what killed it. Even so there's still more than one possible culprit.

It's not impossible that it was originally killed/injured in an RTA and the body was scavenged and dragged to the lawn.

Henry
dpack

paw/tooth prints and or hair/spit samples etc would give good evidence
buzzy

paw/tooth prints and or hair/spit samples etc would give good evidence

Indeed, as would knife marks and boot prints. Wink

Henry
Shane

It's not impossible that it was originally killed/injured in an RTA and the body was scavenged and dragged to the lawn.
As supported by the typo in the headlines:
Quote:
Mr Griffin believes it must have been a big car
Wink

Looks like it had been dead a good few days by the time the pictures were taken. All sorts of things would have been at it in that time.
oldish chris

No idea, but what a lot of other piffle is on there! I have just lost an hour looking at who's had too much plastic surgery, which celebrity couples' marriage's failed and which child stars died too young. Oh, and what celebrities you never knew had a twin.

I'm ill and my resistance is low. The next lot of jobs all involve going upstairs or outside, so I'm putting them off. Putting things off is bad - just don't. However, "re-scheduling" is a recognised management method for re-balancing the workload to meet resource availability.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home