Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Bodger

A brilliant winter on our bird board.

We've not really had a bad winter this year but it has seen some colder weather than we've had in recent years. I've enjoyed having what has been the closest thing to a real season in years and its had the effect of sending birds flocking to our gardens.

This winter saw one or two rare visitors drop in on us, the most notable being a solitary waxwing and a redwing.
We've also been lucky enough to have five species of finch in the garden at the same time. These were siskins, goldfinches, greenfinches, bullfinches and chaffinches. The birds have given us countless hours of enjoyment this year.

Here are a few images that we managed to catch. I hope you enjoy them.

A siskin cock.

One of our two robins.

A siskin hen and a greenfinch.

A pied wagtail.

a blue tit.

" Don't look now, but there's someone watching us"

Bernie66

Brilliant photo's, we have bluetits, robins and the blackbirds etc but nothing as fancy as that. I am too suburban.
marigold

Nice pictures. My most unusual visitor was a blackcap, otherwise it's mainly blue tits, great tits, robin, blackbirds, sparrows and starlings.
Penny Outskirts

Lovely photos Bodger
RichardW

On our feeding station we have mainly had the tit family the most notable being the coal tit. Plenty of nuthatches & tree creepers a couple of robins & the occasional visit of the wren. Further out we get woodpeckers (lesser & greater), jays, hawks/buzzaards, an owl that we have never seen but hear lots.

Richard
Effie

They're beautiful pictures Bodger. They'd be lovely printed and framed as a big bird montage.
BahamaMama

I love the pictures - how do you get them to sit still for long enough Smile
Jb

BahamaMama wrote:
how do you get them to sit still for long enough Smile

Shoot and stuff them first? Very Happy
BahamaMama

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Bodger

Sh*t ! My secrets out. Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1