Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
sean

A plague of voles?

Apparently. We had a small localised plague underneath our tent once when we were camping. I was woken up in the night by jamanda attempting to batter them using a bottle of water.
jamanda

I wasn't battering them, I was encouraging them to leave.
mochyn

You need eggs and flour with the water to batter them.

You really should know that, Sean.
jamanda

You remember old Tom and Jerry cartoons where the mouse is a bump whizzing about under the carpet? It was like that - load of little bumps beetling around under the ground sheet.

It was a good campsite though. It had glow worms too - and neither of us can remember where it was apart from in the middle of no-where in centralish rural France.
Went

You remember old Tom and Jerry cartoons where the mouse is a bump whizzing about under the carpet? It was like that - load of little bumps beetling around under the ground sheet.

It was a good campsite though. It had glow worms too - and neither of us can remember where it was apart from in the middle of no-where in centralish rural France.

At least you'd be able to see whilst you battered them Rolling Eyes

They are in plague proportions here in Spain as well, introduced to feed the raptor population - interfering with nature yet again....

The cats have a good time though. Smile
Tavascarow

My cat brought in a mole & released it only to escape under the carpet, so I had to steer it with my feet to get it to the edge where I could recapture it.
12Bore

Love the image! Laughing Laughing
gil

My cats have been catching a lot of very fat voles.
Keeps them entertained (the cats; I don;t suppose the voles enjoy it)
mochyn

My cats have been catching a lot of very fat voles.
Keeps them entertained (the cats; I don;t suppose the voles enjoy it)

They do: like foxes.
Duckhead

When I joined the Navy they sent us camping in the New Forest. One night we went back to our tent, me from Yorkshire, a brummie and a scouser. There was a snake in it.

Brummie said to me you get it, you're from the countryside. Laughing
Bodger

Those French love their voleyvants don't they ? Embarassed buzzy

Re: A plague of voles?

Apparently. We had a small localised plague underneath our tent once when we were camping. I was woken up in the night by jamanda attempting to batter them using a bottle of water.

Perhaps you were lucky. My friend Chris (sadly no longer with us) had voles climb inside his sleeping bag (while he was trying to sleep) whilst camping in Spain. Surprised

Henry
lettucewoman

We've got loads down here too...I'd actually never seen one until our new cat caught one on his first night out...he's now well up in double figures!! Shocked

...yesterday he carried a rabbit almost as big as himself across the carpark, and then jumped up on the fence with it!!
chez

"A plague of voles on both your houses!" mochyn

"A plague of voles on both your houses!"

Have they upset you, then?
sean

We haven't got two houses. Confused jamanda

We've got two tents though, and they're more likely to be plagued by voles. chez

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, though ...
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home