Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
gz

Accessing photos on picasa

The latest version of Picasa doesn't seem to be accessible except through Mac or Windoze. Confused Any ideas ?

I think I have them downloaded on a zip file, which ubuntu software would be the least complicated to use?
I clicked to find those recommended...I'm feeling a bit daunted

Sad

Either that, or how much would it cost to get Windoze (what version?) on my laptop? I'd only need it for Picasa, my Garmin and reading the cd that came with my Olympus camera.
I don't want the laptop brain too clogged up...or mine!
Nick

What version of Windows does Picasa claim to need to run?
gz

XP/Vista/7

how much do these cost?
gz

Garmin says
windows 2000 or newer,32 MB ram, 2MBfree disk space, adobe acrobat reader software 6.0or newer
Nick

XP/Vista/7

how much do these cost?

Vista will cost you your soul. XP is pennies, I imagine, off eBay, if you can find it.
gz

Thanks Smile

Now to learn how to use fleabay Confused Smile
gz

XP professional ?
Looks like all the ads are from Argos.....and we are going to town any minute....
Nick

XP professional ?
Looks like all the ads are from Argos.....and we are going to town any minute....

Are they? Or are they from sellers who offer it through Argos? This does not mean it's at Argos. It probably means the seller has it, and can deliver it to your local Argos later.
gz

click and collect available through argos.....looks like the shop itself dpack

xp is ok i; but is no longer updated by bill to protect it from the rogue software that is the interwebby version of poorly or robbed. gz

bother Confused
I need something reliable but not exorbitant Sad
bagpuss

Could you try running it in a windows emulator line wine

https://www.winehq.org/
gz

from the discussions i've read wine doesn't work too well with it.

I've just got to the pictures...not sure how many, but I'll get back to it later...via google plus...

still need windows for the garmin and camera Confused
Nick

Twenty quid buys you a working laptop with XP. gz

where?!!

ed to add....am downloading photos from picasa, one by one...that way I get them individually as a jpeg,not a zip file that I can't open (yet...) only 800 to go.....
Nick

eBay.

Search for windows XP

Eg. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Latitude-D610-14-1-Laptop-/281671448615?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4194ed3827
gz

Ta Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home