Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Lorrainelovesplants

Advocate cheap without prescription?

As Im on a roll this morning....

Im trying to0 order some large cat advocate 3 pippette size box, (as the vet charged me 21.29). Ive seen it on the net as cheap as 12.55, BUT they require a vets prescription.

Any ideas?
joanne

I normally use Frontline but I ordered some Fiprospot from http://petmeds.co.uk for this last round and it seems to be working really well - 9.49 for 3
Chez

I used that this time and it worked fine.

Simpkin keeps chucking, though, despite the worming tablets Sad
Mithril

Last time I needed some I rang my vet and asked him to sent me a prescription. I expected a small charge, but as it turned out he didn't charge me at all for this.

Not sure if I'll be so lucky again, as I understand many vets charge just for writing one out. Might be worth asking though. Plus, even with a small charge it still might be cheaper than buying from the vet.
12Bore

I keep reading Advocaat...... Rolling Eyes
gapcap

I asked my vet for prescription for Advocate(not advocaat!! lol)he asked how much I could get it for when I told him he matched the price Very Happy which was considerably less than he quoted originally.!!
Chez

Yeah, that's why I clicked, too, the first time Embarassed
12Bore

Yeah, that's why I clicked, too, the first time Embarassed
Yeah, but I keep coming back to check, just in case...... Embarassed
Green Man

Effipro is a cheaper equivilent to Frontline. Both these products work externaly. Advocate works internaly and goes through the system. It is strictly Vet only and are a bit O.P. ish. Poor cats are probably going around with splitting sore heads Crying or Very sad Lorrainelovesplants

I dont want an equivalent of Frontline - its no longer working for us. The vet prescribed Advocate - its done the job, but I cant afford the vets price (which is nearly double the price of internet prices). Green Man

You really want a systemic incecticide inside your cat? Of course it works but ????????
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home