Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
mochyn

Alternatives to Paypal?

Does anyone use anything? I'm not very happy with them.

Any suggestions?
Rob R

NOCHEX
mochyn

Are they good? (Silly question, I know!)
Rob R

They're British & better than PP in my experience.
mochyn

Very tempting, then.
mochyn

Hmm. There are some horror stories out there about Nochex! Really making me think twice. I'll do some moreresearch tomorrow.
Rob R

There are some horror stories about every company. But you should really, really avoid a company called Retail Merchant Services, if you get cold called by them do yourself a favour and tell them where to go.
vegplot

Of all the payment gateway providers out there only one has a representative on DS - Nochex.
graysalchemy

Funny how someone has posted introducing themselves and then advertising Nochex Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I am a mod on another forum and that would get deleted.

Having said all that I may take a look myself. Very Happy Very Happy
Rob R

Unfortunately, unlike PP, they don't offer a virtual terminal, which is probably their biggest drawback. Plus everyone has heard of PP, even if they don't like them, they trust them enough to use them. We really should be using nochex here in the UK though & keeping those transaction fees in the country.
Hairyloon

Unfortunately, unlike PP, they don't offer a virtual terminal...

Which is what?
Rob R

Unfortunately, unlike PP, they don't offer a virtual terminal...

Which is what?

Like an online card processing machine, for telephone/mail order & face to face payments ie you can only process payments if the customer enters their own card details into nochex.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home