Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Ruralnaedowell

Aluminium Windows, Any Recommendations, Costs Velfacs ?

Aluminium Windows, Any Recommendations, Costs Velfacs ?

Hi,
Just in the process of selling all my worldly good to buy some new aluminium windows. Are there any brands forum members recommend, or nice slimline UPVC ones.
I think I need about 16 m2. I was looking at Velfac's ones, or ideally a cheaper substitute.

Cheers
tahir

Why aluminium?

We're using windows from Duration on a property we're converting purely because the council wanted something that looked like the Critalls in neigbouring properties.

Munster joinery appear to be quite good (and cheap) but they don't have a slimline metal window (we're looking at them for another project)
Ruralnaedowell

Hi,
Thank you for your reply and useful link. At the moment house has its original old steel casement windows. Was going to go for aluminium as they seem to have a slimmer profile, plus they look smart and will give house a boost. I'm not really that keen on UPVC, but haven't completely ruled them out, if I could find some slim ones.
tahir

There's lots of slimline alu windows nowadays, but they're a lot more than UPVC. I've seen the Duration ones in the flesh and they do look very smart.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home