Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Gundogs.inc

Another Devon newbie

Hi everyone, I'm Sandy and I live in North Devon with hubby Paul and 8 dogs, 5 chickens and soon to be, I hope, a shed load of rabbits. I've got a mini Shetland pony who's currently keeping a few big horses company at a friends place.
I am an animal portrait artist and also work as an area coordinator for English Springer Spaniel Welfare.
We both shoot, fish, work our dogs and take a great interest in the countryside.
I'm an avid raw feeder where it comes to my dogs and believe in keeping everything natural with them which includes keeping away from drugs and chemicals unless absolutely essential.
This looks a fab site with so many topics and whereas I should really be outside on such a fine sunny day my excuse is I've been on the go since first light this morning and have just popped in for a cuppa and a nose about Laughing
Cheers
Sandy
chez

Welcome, Sandy! There are quite a few South-West members, I'm sure they'll be along soon. hello2
sean

Welcome aboard. Very Happy
Green Rosie

Bonjour from France - I've just come in for a cuppa too where-as I should be cleaning the front room. We are havig a rare night out and a friend is babysitting - even by my standards the floor is too dirty to leave Embarassed
ksia

A second 'bonjour' Sandy!

Interested to read you have a Shetland pony - a friend visited with hers today and wow..aren't they cute!? Do they make good 'lawn-mowers' while leaving young trees / flowers alone?
Tavascarow

High from further West.
Very Happy
mousjoos

Salut from further south
Gundogs.inc

ksia wrote:
A second 'bonjour' Sandy!

Interested to read you have a Shetland pony - a friend visited with hers today and wow..aren't they cute!? Do they make good 'lawn-mowers' while leaving young trees / flowers alone?

Laughing No! Any horse or pony will just tear the roots right out of the lawn, make a mess with their hooves and leave big deposits all over the place if you don't pick up after them Laughing They'll eat young trees especially if its apple, plum, hazel, ash etc and also have a go at your rose bushes & herbs if given the chance. A horse is the worse thing to put on your lawn and to be honest the worse thing to put in a field of grass unless of course you don't mind it being turned to mush, have huge great divots and flattened rolling patches all over the place, add on the fact that if you don't clear up after them on a daily basis then they will plop all over the place and then refuse to eat within a 10' area of where they've left their plop! I'd really suggest getting a good lawn mower instead Laughing Laughing But you're right they are sooo cute!

Hello to all in France and thank you for the welcomes everyone, now where are these Devon peeps then Wink Laughing
woodsprite

Hi Sandy, welcome. Very Happy
Your pet portraits are just lovely. The one of the sleeping bassett hound brought a tear to my eye. It looks so much like my beloved Sophie who died 6 years ago now, I still miss her.
Gundogs.inc

woodsprite wrote:
Hi Sandy, welcome. Very Happy
Your pet portraits are just lovely. The one of the sleeping bassett hound brought a tear to my eye. It looks so much like my beloved Sophie who died 6 years ago now, I still miss her.

Thank you woodsprite Smile Missing them will never go away, I still miss all my girls that have left me, compared to us their lives are so short but as long as they can be as happy as possible and feel loved and wanted then hopefully the memories they leave behind will always be good ones.

Sandy
resistance is fertile

Hi and welcome from another Local Smile
jamanda

Hello there hello2
alison

Hello Sandy! Very Happy
Nicky cigreen

welcome Smile
Mary-Jane

Croeso from West Wales... Very Happy
Bebo

What is it with all you Welshies greeting people with cries of Creosote? It's not the local tipple is it?

If so I shall continue in the same fashion

Harveys from Sussex.
Blacksmith

Hello ! Very Happy
(creosote and tonic please)
Ginkotree

Theres also Boreda from wales but I dont know how to spell it Laughing
Gundogs.inc

Laughing Mad lot! Tis scrumpy down 'ere as you all know but many thanks for the welcomes Very Happy I see there's a chance I can also improve my language skills at the same time and as long as the subject remains alcohol related then I could well be a fast learner!
resistance is fertile

All this talk of Gundogs made me think of our lot enjoying the snow last month Smile

Gundogs.inc

Awww fab trio there! Tell me more.....please! Very Happy
Becki

Another North Devon person here. With 2 Springers Very Happy and horses Very Happy
carlseawolf

Hello from another north devon person , 2 dogs , 5 cats , 4 waterdragons
Madame Bear

Hello from South Devon.

RIF's dogs are lovely in person too.
Brownbear

Hello from another Devonian and his dog.

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home