Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Ruralnaedowell

Any savvy sea fishermen / women fancy going sea fishing

Hi,
Fancy doing some sea fishing on the welsh coast this year. I used to be keen as a youngster - Flounder from aberystwyth harbour, pollack from Gurnards Head, mackeral from Tenby, whiting from Llandudno, dogfish from Shell island. Then I had about ten blank years of not catching anything and got out of the habit !
Can still remember all the knots and can cast still so wouldn't be too annoying to take. Could do with teaming up for a trip or two with someone who really knows what they are doing - tides, baits , rigs, depth of water etc.
I have always wanted to catch a bass.
I'm decent company and can drive or will pay my share of the expenses. I do a bit of shooting so you could have a whirl at that if you wanted.
Cheers Morgan
Bodger

Morgan.
If you fancy some fishing on the Lleyn you could have the company of myself plus my mate. Very Happy
Ruralnaedowell

Hi Bodger,
Thank you , Yes that would be fine - Have never spent as much time as I would have liked on the Lleyn. I will look forward to it and reassemble my fishing kit.
Cheers Morgan
Bodger

I've got plenty of spare gear that you could borrow.
Ruralnaedowell

Cheers,
I have all the kit still, but have lent bits of it out to various folk. I have already started to gather it back.
Look forward to a good session.
Cheers Morgan
jonevans

I do fishing shooting and ferreting, got a fair knowledge of sea fishing theres a nice cove just off from Stackpole in Pembroke that you can catch bass from the beach using whelks as bait, have caught several myself recently Very Happy Also got permission for shooting on several hundred acres of bunny packed land if you or anyone else is interested my only problem is lack of transport
jonevans

Bosherston,Broadhaven,St Govans head are all good places too great little campsite in broadhaven called Trefalen Farm http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=6021
all great places to catch bass as they come in off the bristol channel
ATB Jon Very Happy
murdrobe

im interested in learning anything and everything to do with sourcing my own food (made a start with foraging) is there anyone my way thats willing to teach? or at least within traveling distance without it costing too much...
Bodger

I'll teach you how to fish for 'nowt' but unfortunately can't bring the sea to you. thumbup
murdrobe

yes i realise that Smile i more meant that i can travel just not to cornwall for example Razz and i dont drive either Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home