Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> The Apiary
Shane

Anybody want some bees?

...there's a bit of work involved, mind. There's a swarm in a tree in Eastbourne Terrace in Paddington. It arrived yesterday and is sitting in a tree minding its own business. Any local beekeepers might want to come and get first dibs on it (I guess you have to get the okay from the council) before some ill-informed busybody decides that they want to get it fumigated. I'd much rather see them go to a deserving home than end up lying dead all over the pavement, which is presumably what will happen if any passers by spot them.
joanne

London Beekeepers have a swarm line on 07922 147379.
Lionheart

Damn!

And there's me sitting patiently with a bait hive up at the top of the garden having missed a passing swarm about three weeks ago.........!

Bit far to travel sadly Rolling Eyes
mochyn

Lionheart wrote:
Damn!

And there's me sitting patiently with a bait hive up at the top of the garden having missed a passing swarm about three weeks ago.........!

Bit far to travel sadly Rolling Eyes

Nooo, you don't want them city bees with their city ways.
Mrs Fiddlesticks

I'll ask Tim to catch them and bring them home on the 5.30pm from Paddington shall? Laughing
judith

Mrs Fiddlesticks wrote:
I'll ask Tim to catch them and bring them home on the 5.30pm from Paddington shall? Laughing

My sister's partner once carried a swarm of bees in his motorcycle top box round the North Circular!
Bebo

I hope they move on before October, when the company I work for is supposed to be moving to a building on Eastbourne Terrace!
spicycauldron

They need to be dealt with quickly. I think Jo's advice in providing the swarm phone number is spot on.
jamanda

Bebo wrote:
I hope they move on before October, when the company I work for is supposed to be moving to a building on Eastbourne Terrace!

They will move on and find a hole somewhere quickly - I imagine they already have if no-one caught them. Otherwise they will all die.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> The Apiary
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home