Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
sally_in_wales

Anyone for a medieval hall?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140017406630&rd=1&sspag

I rather fancy that, not that I have anywhere to put it, or any money for that matter... but can't you just see that as somewhere to hang all your hams, store boxes of apples and generally be lord of all you survey!

Anyone want to buy me it?
dpack

thats a posh barn ,i wonder if it would fit on the roof of my tower block Laughing
i like tradtional methods if i needed such a thing id be after it
Mrs Fiddlesticks

isn't it lovely - where would you put it though - and the lack of roof, full walls and a door could be a challenge in the short term. Be interesting to see what questions buyers ask him.
judith

That would be nice replacement for our falling-down barn. I wonder what it would look like with the vernacular corrugated iron roof? Laughing
sally_in_wales

didnt Tahir want a playhouse for the kids a while back? Very Happy Laughing
dpack

Laughing
Nick

Yesterday lunchtime, I acquired a new field. It's empty. For now...
sally_in_wales

perfect, the party is at Nick's place Cool
jamsam

wow...could you get away with calling it a shed and getting round the planning issues???
then again, ive seen many sheds id like to live in!!

oh sally, did you see my post about restoration village?? was that gareth in the background banging the metal???
Andy B

nickhowe wrote:

Are you on a mission to buy wales field by field ?
jamsam

how about one of these nick...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-DIAMETER-YURT-with-wooden-platform_W0QQitemZ270018153860QQihZ017QQcategoryZ36118QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
judith

Andy B wrote:
nickhowe wrote:

I think he is in England. He's probably heading eastwards to meet up with Tahir.
mochyn

judith wrote:
Andy B wrote:
nickhowe wrote:

I think he is in England. He's probably heading eastwards to meet up with Tahir.

And he's not having my bit Evil or Very Mad
Nick

£4,500.
A steal.

Bargain of the week, I suggest. (no, twasn't me).
tahir

sally_in_wales wrote:
didnt Tahir want a playhouse for the kids a while back? Very Happy Laughing

Booger, didn't see it in time Laughing
sally_in_wales

they certainly got a bargain there, luck thing Cool
Gervase

Cor, you couldn't buy the wood for that price. What an absolute bargain. Lucky wotsits.
wellington womble

I admit to keeping an eye on - if we'd had a field, I'd have had that!
@Calli

I can't believe that was it??? It was worth far more surely???? Crying or Very sad
Nick

It's only worth what someone will pay for it. And that's all Joe Public was prepared to pay. Smile
@Calli

Having the cash available has an impact too - I know we would have paid more if we had had the time to hold up a bank Embarassed
Nick

Somehow, thought it was too cheap.
sally_in_wales

Reading the feedback from the previous buyer it looks like the seller backed out. Thats not very sporting, they had plenty of opportunity to end the auction before it finished if they felt it wasn't going to plan.
Nick

Do you know, that's exactly what I thought.
tahir

nickhowe wrote:

Isn't that against eBay rules or summat?
sally_in_wales

tahir wrote:
nickhowe wrote:

Isn't that against eBay rules or summat?

I suspect so, however I have a vague feeling that that there is a loophole in the trading laws that says avendor is under no obligation to go through with a sale if the money hasn't changed hands. I could be wrong though, I certainly thought an ebay auction running to its natural conclusion was meant to represent a legal contract to exchange goods/cash Confused

Sadly, before this I had that vendor earmarked as an 'if I'm ever rich I'm going to have one of those dinky halls', now its a 'wouldn't buy from them if they were the last timber framed construction company on teh planet'. Suspect I may not be the only one, the re-enactors talked about this a lot. So they only damage their reputations through reneging on the deal.
Nick

it is against the rules, but what ya gonna do about it? eBay never do anything. They may suspend an account, but it takes minutes to set up another one. However, before we start slagging the vendor, we don't *know* what happened, so...
sally_in_wales

nickhowe wrote:
However, before we start slagging the vendor, we don't *know* what happened, so...

Perfectly true.
Rob R

nickhowe wrote:

What, you just plonk it in & pretend it's been there all the time Wink Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home