Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
Toffer

Anyone interested in an article on purchasing?

I'm a new downsizer user but in my day job I work in purchasing and recently wrote a small book on how some of the skills we use in the profession can be used by normal folk to get hold of a bargain. I never did get it published but I wondered if anyone would find it useful to have one of the chapters published as an article, I could easily re-frame some of the examples to something more relevant?

Chapters are: Value for money, negotiating, supply and demand, how to read marketing, the power of the web, bargains without negotiating and ongoing supplier relationships.

Let me know one way or the other!

Cheers
tahir

Deffo
frewen

I think that would be really interesting Cool
Jamanda

We're always keen to get new articles! So yes please. Very Happy
dpack

yes please
Barefoot Andrew

Welcome Toffer, and what they said! Very Happy
A.
mochyn

Barefoot Andrew wrote:
Welcome Toffer, and what they said! Very Happy
A.

Yup.
vegplot

What Mochyn said.
Nick

Bump. I think this'd be great. Did it ever happen?
Toffer

This was ages ago, I did submit a couple of chapters to one of the mods to take a look at but didn't hear anything back, can't remember who it was.

If people are still interested I have all the documents saved somewhere.
Brownbear

I'd be interested to read it.
vegplot

Mods! Pull your collective fingers out - please.
sally_in_wales

I have a vague memory of us asking for the chapters to be synopsesed (I know thats not a proper word, too tired to work it out) into an article length overview rather than a long chapter. I though it was back with the op to work on?
judith

Yep. It was felt that as it stands it didn't work well as an 'article' as such, but there is absolutely no reason why the file couldn't be posted here for people to read.
Toffer

No one told me that, where do I send the file that's best for you to pick up?
sean

Sorry, I think that was my fault. Embarassed I'll need to ask a techno savvy person what's the best way to do it though.
Toffer

It's all coming back to me now Sean! Let me know if you need me to do anything with the format or re-write any bits.

Cheers
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home