Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
T.G

Anyone know much about forklift trucks?

What’s the operating difference between a 2tonne electric and a 2 tonne diesel apart from the glaringly obvious?

Would an electric forklift cope with a slight incline carrying a weight or would it fail?

I can run a diesel on red so what sort of electric cost would we be looking at for an electric one?

Cheers
Rob R

No idea about the cost but you need a pretty meaty supply, however slopes aren't generally a problem. I would go for a gas or electric if working indoors a lot or a diesel outdoors.
Brownbear

Most of the electric ones are designed to operate on concrete warehouse floors and have the wheels for that.

Diesel and gas ones are usually meatier - can you not use a fork arm on a tractor?
misty07

id go for a derv flt but then what would you use it for on only concrete or offroad use aswell as in grass and mud etc would a rough terrain flt be better?
T.G

I don't like being high up on tractors when driving, I know its a bit daft as sitting on the back of one of my horse I’m often higher than most local tractors, cept some of the modern ones.. but there you go.... hence the reason we are selling our little tractor, I don't feel safe driving it... mind you I didn't much care for driving the dumper either which was a very high thing with steps onto and it bounced far too much, terrified me so much I’d squeal every time I got to the edge to tip. The mini-digger and the JCB were both fine.

I feel safer on a forklift so I can whizz around sorting what needs to be, plus now I’ve been playing on the bobcat again, that has allsorts of various goodies to attach its another option, its got a bit more grunt than a forklift not sure if you can add a bucket attachment to a FL to use like a bobcat can?

It’s mostly concrete or tarmac that it would be driven on, and moving things around on pallets is easy, bung what’s heavy on a pallet then lift and take where you want it. And as both boys are working fulltime now and have weekend work as well I’m left doing all the grunt work, and to be perfectly honest, after severing my bicep, a few years back, I can’t lift as much weight so I need a machine to help out.

Plus you can have the one man cage for a forklift which allows height option which I feel safer in than being on scaffold. Besides lying down flat on scaffold and whimpering like a big girls blouse tends to put others off passing me the things I need to do the job I got up there to do.

Can you have a cage thing for a bobcat?
snozzer

Avoid gas, it will be very expensive to run...
Rob R

snozzer wrote:
Avoid gas, it will be very expensive to run...

As in maintenance?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home