Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
skedone

anyone up for a foray with me in the essex area

hi guys anyone up for a foray in Essex Rayleigh area getting feed up of going on my own . prefer to have at least 1 more seasoned forager as i have only been doing this about 2 years (but u all know i know my stuff) so is anyone up for it ... then i will start thinking places
skedone

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad no body luvs me
frewen

No skedone don't say that - our clan would come other than the fact that general organisation hampers us (not to mention shift work; the small baby needing short naps and feeds and bigger baby needing longer naps and only having tiddly little legs and the older girl who complains that "her legs hurt" all the time and a teenage boy who is, well teenag and I can only do the very basic in foraging too Embarassed

So I wouldn't want to encumber you with us
cinders

I'd love a forage buddy but not keen on driving Anyone interested?
skedone

thats not a problem guys 1 i have two kids one is 6 one is 1 also i can get someone who can drive or make it somewhere near a train station or bus stop there is a nice woodlands in laindon area that fits both needs as for the kids bring them along the more the merry
dougal

skedone wrote:
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad no body luvs me

'taint so, I'm sure.
Not so sure about loving all of Essex though!
I'm way the wrong side of the Thames, sadly.
cinders

when are you going on your next forage.I'm after blackberries any other fruit and someone to show me what mushrooms to pick.I'm home most weekends,and will be working 2days a week soon
Pilsbury

check your PM's Wink
jp

Wish it was closer - otherwise I would definately come along Sad
skedone

PM checked mate, and yes mate i will be going soon ish want to make sure the areas i have in mind are any good if they are i will start arrange some times and date.

Also have just emailed Tony Boniface to see when he is going out next and if he could come to a couple my days out(he is a very good expert) he has already told me some areas in laindon and CM area code were he goes allot and there are find very rare mushrooms indeed that way so camarahs would be good to

also http://www.fungitobewith.org/walks.htm have many walks planed this year in London and Hampstead Heath and surrey so maybe we could also plan to all meet up and some of them this year as it would be nice to put the face to some of the names
Pilsbury

Yep up for that, you can have most of the fungi to yourself as i dont like them but the OH does so maybe a small portion......
more interested in the fruit and greens meself.
cinders

sounds good skedone just let me know when your ready
skedone

right good news tony has emailed me back and has said he will be happy to lead a group of us in a foray(fungi only) thats what he specializes in so let me know who is up for that as well and i will find a good place that most can get to and arrange a good time for us all .

so come on guys give me locations then i can figure out a middle ground for us all and arrange it with him he is very good at theses things and is the Essex field club rep for mycology and leads all the forays
Pilsbury

You got me worried then, I just read your post and thought I had somehow put myself up for a fungus foray Shocked and i know bog all about mushrooms Shocked
but then i realised you ment Tony Boniface..... ( wheres the Phew emoticon)
Although mushrooms aint my thing I would still liketo go on the hunt if thats ok the more you learn and all that
frewen

Best thing is let us know what you decide to do and we'll see if we can fit in Very Happy

Learning to identify fungi would be good Smile
steve01

i would like to come but away beyween 28 july to 4 august most other weekends are good
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home