Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Behemoth

Anything in the Lakes this weekend/half term?

Due to unfathomable resons I'm spending half of half term in a caravan near Ullswater. It's suposed to be cold. Is there anything happening worth a look that you are aware of or any recomendations of what to see. Not the pencil museum.

Thanks.
joanne

This is where my daughter volunteers and it's a lovely little place and not too far a drive

http://www.wildlifeoasis.co.uk/
marigold

A lot of water?
gil

The pub.
Rheged.
Behemoth

The pub.
Rheged.

Bless you!
vegplot

The Grasmere ginger bread shop.
Behemoth

Oooohh, drool...
jamanda

Are you with child so to speak? If so, there's a great new optical illusions museum type thingy in Keswick. Otherwise either a quick yomp along Sharp Edge followed by the pub.
chez

The Watermill Inn, Ings. Fantastic food, beer and whisky.

Isn't there still a little indy cinema in Keswick?
cir3ngirl

Are mine the only children who have been off school this week?
Behemoth

Are you with child so to speak? If so, there's a great new optical illusions museum type thingy in Keswick. .

Yes Little Behemoth is with us, that museum sounds really reall great fun and I'm sure I'll,..... er, she'll like it.
Rosemary Judy

Grizedale forest has great sculpture trails that small people love. But is it a bit far from you in Ullswater...... Aira force is a must see.

we like the cave at Loughrigg - we walk from Ambleside to Grasmere along the coffin trail, buy gingerbread and then back along loughrigg terrace and enjoy the cave.....
vegplot

http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/visiting/halfterm chez

Grizedale forest has great sculpture trails that small people love.

And rather a nice cafe, if I remember correctly. As does Whinlatter - nice walks, and a lovely visitor centre.
earthyvirgo

The Watermill Inn, Ings. Fantastic food, beer and whisky.

Isn't there still a little indy cinema in Keswick?

I think you may be thinking of Ambleside, with a little pizza/pasta place attached.

EV
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home