Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Chickpea

Apple Cider Vinegar

I have bought some of this, but am unsure at what age is good to give it to the girls in their drinking water? It says nothing onn the container! Also, do you put it in every day??
Sorry to ask so many questions! Embarassed
Tavascarow

I use it most of the time for growers (+4 weeks) & adults.
I doubt it would hurt day olds but no experience.
I just put a splash, probably about 25 to 50 mls, in each bucket of water when I'm filling the drinkers.
I also put a couple of broken up heads of garlic into each gallon of vinegar & leave it to pickle for a couple of weeks before using.
Garden Hens

I've been using ACV for years as a gut cleanser and general tonic. Rule of thumb tends to be a teaspoon to a pint of water.
If you have hens who look like they're in need of a pick-me-up, do this for 7 consecutive days. The birds love the flavour!
Chickpea

Thanks folks! Very Happy
chez

I just sploosh a bit in to the drinker when I fill it up. It keeps them clean from growing things in the drinkers, too.
Chickpea

Does it give them runny poos, as mine have a lot of those anyway! I figured I gave them layers pellets when they had been on growers food before I got them. They are just settling in nicely!
Garden Hens

ACV should calm things down, as you say probably a change in food is the problem, but should settle quickly. If not try some natural live yoghurt.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home