Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Jamanda

Apple TV

Will Apple TV 3rd gen do what I want? ie let me watch iplayer, netflix etc when our not so smart TV stops talking to the internet which it seems to do every five minutes.

I don't want to be able to record anything.
Nick

Yes. But if you have a flaky wireless connection it won't help. Might that be the TVs problem?
Jamanda

Ta. I'll get one based on that adequately fulsome review.
Jamanda

Yes. But if you have a flaky wireless connection it won't help. Might that be the TVs problem?

Na. Computers are always OK. And it can always see the router. It's a Panasonic known bug.
Nick

Ta. I'll get one based on that adequately fulsome review.

You'll need an apple account, which probably requires giving them a credit card but otherwise it's free. You also have access to iTunes and content, free and chargeable.
Jamanda

There are at least two apple accounts in this household. I will encourage for it not to be attached to mine! joanne

I love my Apple TV but tbh an Amazon fire stick will do exactly the same thing. sean

Yeah but two out of three houshold members prefer Apple. Smile And one of them is the young person who'll have to set it up whilst his parents do background chuntering. Nick

I love my Apple TV but tbh an Amazon fire stick will do exactly the same thing.

It also brings excessive risks with it too. You might end up watching Clarkson.
bagpuss

We have an amazon fire stick

I have to say, when we upgrade/it breaks, I will likely get a Roku box, it will let you do everything Apple/Amazon does without trying you to one of the walled gardens
Jamanda

Well it arrived. Not bad for ordering it at 11pm on a Saturday night!

But we need another cable so it will have to wait until tomorrow. The remote is disturbingly small and slipping down the side of the armchair size!
Nick

Do you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod that can run apps? You can use them as remote controls. Jamanda

Do you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod that can run apps? You can use them as remote controls.

All of them. More than one of some! I imagine Ben's phone will be the main thing.
buzzy

Do you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod that can run apps? You can use them as remote controls.

All of them. More than one of some! I imagine Ben's phone will be the main thing.

Judging by how Jaki's 'phone behaves, how sure are you that Ben's 'phone will not slip down the side of any available armchair, just when you need to change channels/reduce volume/etc/

Secretive little beggars, modern 'phones.

Henry
wellington womble

No chance. Teenagers are actually attached to their phones. buzzy

No chance. Teenagers are actually attached to their phones.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Henry
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home