Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Ruralnaedowell

Apples wanted in Mid Wales. Shropshire and the Borders

Now the little apples are forming on the trees, its time to think of the cider season.

Apples and pears wanted in Mid Wales, Shropshire and the Borders, though will travel further for large amounts.

Will swap for cider or £'s or we can share the juice to ferment yourselves or freeze or pasturise as apple juice.
Cheers
Ruralnaedowell

Still looking !
Blacksheep

Wish we had some more apples to be able to offer for this.
When we rented in North Somerset there used to be an old tramp that would go round all the properties with little orchards knocking on their doors asking to bag up their apples for cider making, I think he was on piece work for one of the big cider makers, I gave him cups of tea in the morning for the couple of nights he stayed in my hay store, before moving on to the next orchard.
Bungo

Going on the amount of fruit on my trees , I think this year is going to be a long way off a bumper harvest, I think many other people are inthe same boat Crying or Very sad
pookie

Going on the amount of fruit on my trees , I think this year is going to be a long way off a bumper harvest, I think many other people are inthe same boat Crying or Very sad

same here, it's spot the apple on our trees this year Sad
TTouch Homestead

We seem to have been lucky then. Lots of small apples visible on our trees despite me doing some renovating pruning over the Winter. No pears though, and the plum tree is bare too...crab apples just developing. Damson tree absolutely loaded...what a weird year it has been so far.
Confused
sarahp1

I usually end up with stacks from around here (work has an orchard and friends trees). Will keep you in mind as would be happy to exchange for juice/cider.
Castle Farm

Every year i have huge amounts of grapes rotting on the vines. There are 6 vines that fill a very large greenhouse. Black and green grapes.
We eat a few but mainly they are wasted.
Bodger

Things are looking grim in many orchards across the country. I've just got back from Hereford this afternoon and the cider farm that I visited is preparing itself for a very poor harvest. Its partly down to the weather and to some extent,to the fact that the last two years have seen bumper crops.
wendeesunshine

Will have plenty off apples if you would like some, newport shropshire
No pestisdes or chemicals used for 20 years
Ruralnaedowell

Hi Wendeesunshine, Thank you for your reply. I have sent you a private message.
Cheers Morgan
mochyn

Morgan: did you kill the mutton yet? Laughing
vegplot

I've heard of rats in cider but a whole sheep?
mochyn

I've heard of rats in cider but a whole sheep?

I've said it before: luggage.
Ruralnaedowell

Hi Mochyn,
Sorry, no I haven't yet, theres been too much on, but don't worry I will keep you updated, as it will be soon.
Cheers
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home