Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Went

Apps

Just got a galaxy note 10.1 and interested in hearing about any useful apps people might have come across.

Also need an app to play .mov files. Any suggestions.

Thanks
OtleyLad

The Kindle for Android is better than the Kindle Kindle IMHO (and free!).
Went

Thanks, I'll try that. I have an old sony ereader that's on it's last legs and was thinking about upgrading to kindle.
bagpuss

Something is worth noting if you read a lot outside computer screens tend to fair worse than ebooks.

If most of your reading is inside not in natural light and you are happy to read large quantities of text from a backlit screen then the kindle app will be great
OtleyLad

Something is worth noting if you read a lot outside computer screens tend to fair worse than ebooks.

If most of your reading is inside not in natural light and you are happy to read large quantities of text from a backlit screen then the kindle app will be great

You can alter the light setting on the kindle app on the samsung by simply sliding two fingers up/down the screen. It can be bright enough to read in bright sunshine (as I did on the decking this summer). Hammers the batteries though.
bagpuss

You can alter the light setting on the kindle app on the samsung by simply sliding two fingers up/down the screen. It can be bright enough to read in bright sunshine (as I did on the decking this summer). Hammers the batteries though.

The advantage of an ebook is that you can read outside and still have a month between charging

If you read in natural light alot its worth considering, if you don't then it might not be a bother
sgt.colon

Apps that I have found useful are...

Advanced task killer. Kills apps that run in the background and frees up memory.
BBC iPlayer.
Google drive. Storing your documents and pictures.
Jota text editor.
Met office weather.
Runtastic. Records stats for when we go out on or walks.
TuneIn radio.
VPlayer video player. For playing all your video files.
Nick

Depends what you want it for.

A decent browser.
Tunein radio. It's worth paying for the update.
Evernote if you want to store 'projects' on it. Think of it as a filing system cum scrapbook.
Something that let's you find it when you lose it.
Google maps.
sgt.colon

I do buy most of the apps that I can. If only to stop those annoying pop-ups. Went

Thanks, will check some of those out. Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home