Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
Green Rosie

Article on Freeing Up Freezer Space

Based on a blog I have just written, here I am writing an article for DS about freeing up freezer space. If anyone has any more ideas please do let me know, either here or on the blog itself and then I'll add them into the article.
sean

Oooh, excellent. I'll take a look. Thank you.
Hairyloon

I reckon we can gain 5 litres here just by defrosting. Wink
Green Rosie

I'll see what extra ideas I get and then write it up as a DS article.
alison

good idea for an article. Very Happy
bagpuss

Kind of the same as your preformed idea but ice cube trays can be very useful for herbs/ginger/garlic or stock

might be worth mentioning specifically
Green Rosie

Kind of the same as your preformed idea but ice cube trays can be very useful for herbs/ginger/garlic or stock

might be worth mentioning specifically

Cheers bagpuss - I do that anyway and forgot to add it.
Green Rosie

I do try to keep on top of defrosting but with three chest freezers and the house fridge freezer it's a bit like painting the Forth Bridge!
Green Rosie

good idea for an article. Very Happy

Thanks Alison.
Nick

Rather than put your frozen blocks into bags, you can put a bag in a box, and then fill and freeze, and you don't have to wash up the box then.

And milk containers are good. They are thin, sturdy, cheap and stack well in the freezer.
Hairyloon

I do try to keep on top of defrosting but with three chest freezers and the house fridge freezer it's a bit like painting the Forth Bridge!
Well it motivated me to go do it: I think I underestimated, but I got too cold so any gain I made I've lost through sloppy repacking.
Will warm up and repack in a shortly.
wellington womble

If you don't mind writing on your freezer, you can keep an inventory on the door with whiteboard pen.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home